Stuttering video (live + recordings) (1 Viewer)

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I just exchanged for my Client1 the HDD with an SDD and at the same time installed Win7 instead of WinXP. With this installation I have issues with the TV section. The video is completely messed up and stuttering all the time. The TSReader log shows lots of continuity errors.

Strange is that
    a) the recordings are fine and smooth using the "Video" section for playback, not the TV part.
    b) everything is fine using the old HDD with WinXP.

So it seems not to be a server or signal issue. Any ideas?

I'm using latest SAF6 as and Ati Catalyst version 09.7.

Cheers

henning

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you don't have continuity errors in the server (TsWriter) logs, it's likely to be networking issues - with RTSP, dropped/lost packets will cause continuity errors at the client.

You could try using UNC paths for TV (it's a MP Config debug-mode option - run " "C:\Program Files(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /debugoptions" - the extra settings will appear in the TV section)

Tony

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanx four your answer. What is the difference of straming the video out of the TV section compared to the streaming out of the video section? I don't think that I have network issues, because the last method works fine. I have already tried the UNC setting befor my initial posting, but it causes PC restarts (evevn without BlueScreen). But I will try again.

henning

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the discontinuity errors on server side: There are in fact continuity errors on server side. BUT: The same recording works fine with my old XP installation and works also fine during playback with the new installation out of the video section of MP.

henning

Grafi

Portal Member
    October 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

even though I am not able to help you I want to reply because I got very similar problems.

Every time I watch TV (after about 10-20min) the image freezes for a very short period of time (less than a second - in the logs I can see that the I-frame is late). The freezing appears on SD and HD channels. The CPU load is quite low (TV Server about 8-15%, Client about 10-20% even for HD). I tried many different things I read in the forum but nothing work for me (videos seems to work without any problems).

Here are the things I tried:
    - Deactivation of power saving (both: server and client)
    - Set UNC to timeshift buffer
    - Use static IP address
    - Trying many different codecs (audio and video)
    - Deactivation of many processes (e.g. also update server, virus scan)
    - ... I think I forgot a lot of stuff

Anyway, nothing worked.

So, if you find a solution please let me know....

Grafi

PS: Maybe I should try to use a dirrect LAN connection (I am using 1000MBit) and avoid the switch...This is the only thing I have not tested so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom