Style teletext (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
knutinh said:
In other words, tv show was bleeding through the characters while the black background was black. Very frustrating. -having the oposite would actually be good.

I had this once too...

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    J-B-N said:
    Since we are talking about teletext my dream would be a faster teletext function. Ie store the start page (100) upon entering a channel and after a time, or when you enter teletext, cache all pages in memory. I can't even guess how hard this last thing is, but from what I understand you can scan the teletext pages at the same time as you handle the TV stream.

This should be impemented for everybody using teletext. I am very happy with my Philips LCD's way of handling this. It caches all broadcasted pages and jumps immediatly to the selected page and shows which sub-pages are available and they also are stored in memory. So not only Up/Down (+1, -1) should be mapped, also left/right (for +1 Sub, -1 Sub)!

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    petteram said:
    One other thing: it should be possible to press next on the remote so you dont
    have to press the numbers to go to the next page.
    Let`s say the news starts at page 102 and you want to read 20 pages, it`s
    faster to press "up" on the remote than pressing all the numbers.

Count me in for this one.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Hawkeye said:
    petteram said:
    One other thing: it should be possible to press next on the remote so you dont
    have to press the numbers to go to the next page.
    Let`s say the news starts at page 102 and you want to read 20 pages, it`s
    faster to press "up" on the remote than pressing all the numbers.

Count me in for this one.
    I cant see the problem, I am doing this allready?

-k

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    I have the iMon PAD and I have programmed the vol+ button to keypress "+", and then I can move forwards in the teletext.

-k

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    The obvious question for me is why MP doesnt have a full-featured keypress remapper built into its setup? I see some key things that I dont understand how to use :)

But ideally, every triggable function in MP would have a line in a long spreadsheet, and one could observe its default mapping, and enter a new one. That way, remote control files could be exchanged and setup by anyone.

I am running a small opensource utility that re-routes the "multimediakeys" of the front panel of my HTPC case into sensible MP commands, and I have setup the driver of my iMON remote button for button, doing what I want.

regards
    Knut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom