Status
Not open for further replies.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hi,
    I've just updated from Mediaportal 1.1.3 to 1.2Beta. I've tried every download there is (i guess) but i still get the wrong version error. Anything i can manually change to fix this?

(Btw, there should be a popup warning me that the installation is for version 1.2Beta but where i could chose "install anyway"....)

MP version and plugin version compatibility has already caused A LOT of pain for plugin developers and users. Hopefully we can all forget this when MP 1.2.0 Final comes out on Monday.

I don't have answer for your question, but why didn't you install 1.2.0 RC or wait Monday for Final?

Kakskiv

Portal Member
    January 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Well, i wasn't quite familiar with every version but had problem with some of the TV channels, so i just downloaded the first 1.2version i found. I'll wait until Monday and hopefully my problems will be solved!

'

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi Kakskiv,

problem is that there is no good way too make installer compatible with MediaPortal 1.1.x, MediaPortal 1.2 Beta and MediaPortal 1.2 RC. And since I'm already maintaining two installers (1.1.x and 1.2) I had to choose RC because it was already out when SubCentral v1.1.1 was released. I had to leave support for 1.2. beta out. I'm curious why did you install Beta over RC? ;)

BTW, you should be able to install this MPEI manually (SubCentral v1.1.0) on MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. It's not listed in MPEI installer because I had to list only 1.1.x compatible versions there: http://subcentral.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Release/Releases/SubCentral_v1.1.0_MP12.mpe1

Like seco said, really a lot of pain for developers and users :)

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    AW: Re: SubCentral v1.1.0 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/

No, in shares view there is not enough data to start the search from. Filename means nothing if it isn't parsed and scrapped, to get data. And this is job for media importing plugins (Moving Pictures, TVSeries, MyVideos). After the data is available, SubCentral can use it to search for subtitles. That's just the way it works :)

Does this mean that if i dont scan inside my videos for moviedata, the plugin does not work?

Because i use myvideos normaly for short clips and homevideos, but sometimes i watch a cinema movie with help of this plugin. But if i search for subtitles, subcentrals only show an error... I think this means it doesnt have enough infos just on base of th e filename, am i right?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: AW: Re: SubCentral v1.1.0 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSer

No, in shares view there is not enough data to start the search from. Filename means nothing if it isn't parsed and scrapped, to get data. And this is job for media importing plugins (Moving Pictures, TVSeries, MyVideos). After the data is available, SubCentral can use it to search for subtitles. That's just the way it works :)

Does this mean that if i dont scan inside my videos for moviedata, the plugin does not work?

Because i use myvideos normaly for short clips and homevideos, but sometimes i watch a cinema movie with help of this plugin. But if i search for subtitles, subcentrals only show an error... I think this means it doesnt have enough infos just on base of th e filename, am i right?

That is correct. No scanning/scraping - no subtitles. Just file name isn't good enough. To search using SubtitleDownloader library there are two possibilities for movies (movie name with year, IMDb number) and one possibility for TV shows (show name with season/episode). Will talk to seco about simple string (unknown media type - file name) search.

skipke

Portal Member
    February 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

hello
    is it possible for this providers on SubCentral

Ondertitels | Subtitles NL | Download Nederlandse Ondertiteling
    Ondertitels - Download hier Nederlandse Ondertitels - NLondertitels.com
    Ondertitels | Ondertitel.com | Nederlandse Ondertitels Downloaden Uploaden voor Video / Film / Divx / DVD
    Subtitles - Subtitulos, Podnapisi, legendas, subtitrari

this are very good dutch subtitel sites
    i m sorry my english is not so good

thx

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hi all,

I've just released SubCentral v1.1.2. This is a maintenance release with latest SubtitleDownloader/updated subtitle providers. Thanks for contributing!

Also, as interesting observation, yesterday was 1 year anniversary since first SubCentral public release. Happy birthday! :D

Get it using MPEI or download on plugins repository. Just remember, Download button is for MediaPortal v1.2, Archived File 1 is for MediaPortal 1.1.x

v1.1.2 change log (26.10.2011)
    • Updated skin mods to match files from MediaPortal v1.2.1 Default/DefaultWide skins
    • Few improvements to multi-select dialog (Default/DefaultWide skins and code – new translation)
    • SubtitleDownloader updated to v3.0.2 (seco)
    • Updated SubsCenter.org (yoavain)
    • Updated Sous-titres.eu provider (MrJul)
    • Translation changes
      • Added
        • <string Field=" MultiSelectDialog"> Multi-Select Dialog</string>

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hi SilentException,

Thank you very much for this excellent plugin. Every time it fetches a subtitle file from the web I get a grin on my face :D

I need to ask a small question. Is it possible to disable the writing of the language in the downloaded subtitle file?

e.g.:

The.Big.Bang.Theory.-.5x06.-.The.Rhinitis.Revelation.srt

instead of:

The.Big.Bang.Theory.-.5x06.-.The.Rhinitis.Revelation.Dutch.srt

The reason I'm asking is my bedroom mediaplayer needs to have the .srt file name exactly the same as the media file it is playing. :mad:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi SilentException,

Thank you very much for this excellent plugin. Every time it fetches a subtitle file from the web I get a grin on my face :D

I need to ask a small question. Is it possible to disable the writing of the language in the downloaded subtitle file?

e.g.:

The.Big.Bang.Theory.-.5x06.-.The.Rhinitis.Revelation.srt

instead of:

The.Big.Bang.Theory.-.5x06.-.The.Rhinitis.Revelation.Dutch.srt

The reason I'm asking is my bedroom mediaplayer needs to have the .srt file name exactly the same as the media file it is playing. :mad:

No, this is not possible (file is written by SubtitleDownloader).

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hi,
    one question:
    Where has the subtitle to be put inside a DVD-folder with subfolders for VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS? How has it to be named?
    I don't get it working, i.e. , the context menu doesn't show any of the subtitels.

THX

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom