Status
Not open for further replies.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hi,

To all who are requesting support for a site:

Currently I don't have time to add support for new sites. Anyone who knows a little bit of C# can try implementing the support for any site. The documentation is available at Home | SubtitleDownloader Space | Assembla and as you can see there is already a number of "unofficial" sites supported.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

When will we get the "auto download a subtitle" feature? This would be good for the WAF!

I know it is work in progress and the priority is low, but I was just wondering :)

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

When will we get the "auto download a subtitle" feature? This would be good for the WAF!

I know it is work in progress and the priority is low, but I was just wondering :)

1+

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi,

about requesting new subtitle providers, seco gave great explanation here. It would be almost impossible for one person to create and maintain all sites. There are few factors: time, language (for example, how can I create Norwegian scrapper when I don't understand a word of it :)) and so on. That said, I will gladly include all community providers in the plugin and developer will be added as contributor to project. Take a look at first post, we already have 7 (in next release 9) additional, user created providers! That's a nice number already, but keep them coming :)

Hi.
    I noticed that s4u.se - Svenska Undertexter is no longer supported in this plugin. how come?
    can you please add other .se providers? Undertexter.se - Sveriges största sida för Svenska och Engelska undertexter till såväl nya som gamla filmer och serier and SweSUB.nu - För bättre texter are both nice.
    thanks in advance.

I also noticed this! Why is that?

I kind of regret that I updated. It was available in previous version and it usually have the subs I need :/

Take a look at SubtitleDownloader change log . You can also use older SubtitleDownloader.dll (3.0.1).

1+

It's really hard to say anything about this but I have to be honest that plugin development stalled a bit because it's quite feature complete (in my eyes) and bug free. But maybe someday... I'm also very open for taking code contributions from community ;)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's really hard to say anything about this but I have to be honest that plugin development stalled a bit because it's quite feature complete (in my eyes) and bug free. But maybe someday... I'm also very open for taking code contributions from community ;)

I wish I could help.

For my wife this plugin is too complicated. Because she doesn't know which file she has to choose. So it is more hit and miss for her. Auto download would be very nice to have.
    Now that I think of it. Doesn't xbmc have this feature? Isn't it possible to lend some code from them? :)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi!

Is Subscene support broken at the moment?
    It has worked perfectly before but just recently during the last few days I've started to get this error when I try to download a subtitle file from Subscene provider:

"Error downloading subtitles: Subtitle download failed! Downloading returned unexpected result."

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sorry, of course the logs! Attached is the SubCentral log (in debug mode). :)

Now this problem just got weirder. At first I was able to reproduce the problem, then I was able to download several subtitles from Subscene (see the logs) but after a few downloads I was able to reproduce the problem in the end.

So Subscene worked for a few files but then problem returned. Here's a excerpt from the log concerning the error, unfortunately it doesn't seem to tell much:

Code:
    03-Apr-2012 19:34:11.143  Info [          Retriever]: Downloading subtitles...
    03-Apr-2012 19:34:11.143 Debug [          Retriever]: ...from provider Subscene, subtitle name is 'Spartacus.S02E07.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE'
    03-Apr-2012 19:34:11.310 Error [      SubCentralGUI]: Error while downloading subtitles
    System.Exception: Subtitle download failed! Downloading returned unexpected result!
      at SubtitleDownloader.Implementations.Subscene.SubsceneDownloader.SaveSubtitle(Subtitle subtitle)
      at SubCentral.GUI.Retriever.DownloadSubtitleAsync(Object downloadDataObj)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom