Not open for further replies.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: AW: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/

Hi SilentException,

Thank you very much for this excellent plugin. Every time it fetches a subtitle file from the web I get a grin on my face :D

I need to ask a small question. Is it possible to disable the writing of the language in the downloaded subtitle file?

e.g.:

The.Big.Bang.Theory.-.5x06.-.The.Rhinitis.Revelation.srt

instead of:

The.Big.Bang.Theory.-.5x06.-.The.Rhinitis.Revelation.Dutch.srt

The reason I'm asking is my bedroom mediaplayer needs to have the .srt file name exactly the same as the media file it is playing. :mad:

Thanks for the kind words. As seco said, subtitle file name in case of search with media files (when not manually searching) is chosen by SubtitleDownloader. That said, you can actually set up the plugin to always ask you for the file name so you can manually remove language. Check configuration, "Folders" tab, "Options" section on the bottom, "File name" option ;) I know it's not what you're looking for but it might help you.

Hi,
    one question:
    Where has the subtitle to be put inside a DVD-folder with subfolders for VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS? How has it to be named?
    I don't get it working, i.e. , the context menu doesn't show any of the subtitels.

THX

TBH, I'm not sure. K405 said that it's not possible. But maybe it should be named special way, the same as VOB? I don't have any DVD-folders, have to create some. I think you should test different subtitle file names and figure out what's working (if anything) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/

TBH, I'm not sure. K405 said that it's not possible. But maybe it should be named special way, the same as VOB? I don't have any DVD-folders, have to create some. I think you should test different subtitle file names and figure out what's working (if anything) :)

I have try to look also, there is a post for this addon/issue lol.
    But in DVDPlayer9, subtitle are handle differently if i'm not wrong and so i didn't find the way to make it works.
    Normally we should use the same root part as filename like video_ts.ifo video_ts.srt, we have to determinate the filename used to play (i assume video_ts.ifo).
    Seb :)

K405

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Thanks SilentException. I'll start using your work around. :)

Sebastii, would be great if that actually would work. I haven't touched DVD's (files) since Blu-ray rips/encodes came to town. ;-)

some1

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Weaslasf

Portal Member
    April 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hello,

i'm using SubCentral with MP 1.2.1 und StreamedMP Skin and so far everything works fine.
    But I have a problem with some movies. There is on the startup a short introscene (like 20th Century Fox) and so the subtitle don't match with the sound. I already found the possibility with the delay but it seems there is only the setting for -/+ 10sec.

Is there any setting that the subs match with the sound?

regards

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hello,

i'm using SubCentral with MP 1.2.1 und StreamedMP Skin and so far everything works fine.
    But I have a problem with some movies. There is on the startup a short introscene (like 20th Century Fox) and so the subtitle don't match with the sound. I already found the possibility with the delay but it seems there is only the setting for -/+ 10sec.

Is there any setting that the subs match with the sound?

regards

Clearly you have downloaded incorrect subtitle for your movie. You can download other found subtitles and test if any of them works. For delays bigger than 10 seconds (and also many other things), you can use SubtitleWorkshop.

sarkye

October 19, 2007
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

skipke your right i hope someone can add these providers for the dutch community, that would be awsome

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: SubCentral v1.1.2 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

Hi.
    I noticed that s4u.se - Svenska Undertexter is no longer supported in this plugin. how come?
    can you please add other .se providers? Undertexter.se - Sveriges största sida för Svenska och Engelska undertexter till såväl nya som gamla filmer och serier and SweSUB.nu - För bättre texter are both nice.
    thanks in advance.

I also noticed this! Why is that?

I kind of regret that I updated. It was available in previous version and it usually have the subs I need :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom