SubtitleDownloader (2 Viewers)

samo_yea

Portal Pro
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: SubtitleDownloader 2.2

Quote:Originally Posted by McFly
Hello Seco, do you think is it possible to use RSS feeds to integrate the ::Italian Subs Addicted:: - La Community italiana dei Sottotitoli repository?
They launched the MY ITASA service, a sort of personal subscription to the user favorite TV series, accessible via RSS.

In fact there are two softwares that use RSS to directly download srt files from this site: jRss2sub and RSS2Sub LT (I know it's in italian language, but there's google translator )

Sry, but I MUST quote this old post ! This integration would be TOO FANTASTIC for us (all Italian series' viewer i think) !

Pls answer!

Sergio.

Hi! I just wrote the downloader implementations for italiansubs.net.
It work directly with the internet page, not the rss.

This is a first version!

This version find only the exact mach of names for series, film, documentaries and anime.
For retieve the anime subtitle (ex. like naruto shippuuden), you must search like series, but you must insert the absolute episode number, for season number you can insert any number ( I am assuming that you use the SubCentral plugin).

Installation instuctions:
1) copy the SubtitleItasa.dll in the [RootDirectory]\SubtitleDownloaders directory, where [RootDirectory] is the directory where SubtitleDownloader.dll is located (see first post)
2) copy the ItalianSubsSettings.xml in the C:\
3) modify the xml: insert the your username and password of the site italiansubs.net (just change user and pass)

For the developers od SubtitleDownloader:
I have a problem:
for retieving the subtitles it is necessary to logIn the site. I created a xml file where the user must instert his username/password. This xml (ItalianSubsSettings.xml) must be stored in the C:\. This is not the elegant way to handle the user settings, but I haven't found a better way to do it. I tried to save the xml in the .\SubtitleDownloaders folder, the folder where the .dll must be installed, but in this way the plugin SubtitleDownloader ( or the plugin SubCentral, I don't know which one) throw the error:
---------------------------
Error loading SubCentral configuration
Unable to load SubtitleDownloader library!
Is SubtitleDownloader.dll available?
OK
It exist a better way that the user can insert his username/password?

Asdolol

November 3, 2010

Quote:Originally Posted by McFly
Hello Seco, do you think is it possible to use RSS feeds to integrate the ::Italian Subs Addicted:: - La Community italiana dei Sottotitoli repository?
They launched the MY ITASA service, a sort of personal subscription to the user favorite TV series, accessible via RSS.

In fact there are two softwares that use RSS to directly download srt files from this site: jRss2sub and RSS2Sub LT (I know it's in italian language, but there's google translator )

Sry, but I MUST quote this old post ! This integration would be TOO FANTASTIC for us (all Italian series' viewer i think) !

Pls answer!

Sergio.

Hi! I just wrote the downloader implementations for italiansubs.net.
It work directly with the internet page, not the rss.

This is a first version!

This version find only the exact mach of names for series, film, documentaries and anime.
For retieve the anime subtitle (ex. like naruto shippuuden), you must search like series, but you must insert the absolute episode number, for season number you can insert any number ( I am assuming that you use the SubCentral plugin).

Installation instuctions:
1) copy the SubtitleItasa.dll in the [RootDirectory]\SubtitleDownloaders directory, where [RootDirectory] is the directory where SubtitleDownloader.dll is located (see first post)
2) copy the ItalianSubsSettings.xml in the C:\
3) modify the xml: insert the your username and password of the site italiansubs.net (just change user and pass)

I have a problem:
for retieving the subtitles it is necessary to logIn the site. I created a xml file where the user must instert his username/password. This xml (ItalianSubsSettings.xml) must be stored in the C:\. This is not the elegant way to handle the user settings, but I haven't found a better way to do it. I tried to save the xml in the .\SubtitleDownloaders folder, the folder where the .dll must be installed, but in this way the plugin SubtitleDownloader ( or the plugin SubCentral, I don't know which one) throw the error:
OK

OMG! Thanks u very much to working on this! I tried the plugin and it is working very well!

I didn't understand this:

SubCentral automatically set the right Season and Episode numbers... so what's the problem with this?

Bye, and thanks a lot again!:D:D:D

Sergio.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I have a problem:
    OK

Hi,

Currently you can put only DLL files to SubtitleDownloaders folder. I will fix this for SubtitleDownloader 2.3 so you can then place the configuration file to that directory.

samo_yea

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

OMG! Thanks u very much to working on this! I tried the plugin and it is working very well!

I didn't understand this:

Quote:This version find only the exact mach of names for series, film, documentaries and anime.

SubCentral automatically set the right Season and Episode numbers... so what's the problem with this?

It is true that subCentral set automaticaly the Season and Episode numbers, but with anime that have the absolute numeration (like Naruto Shippuuden, Bleach) don't have a Season Episode numbers, but have only a episode number.
    Example: the episode of Naruto Shippuuden of the 11-11-2010 was the episode number 185, so on italiansubs.net the subtitle for that episode is "Naruto Shippuuden 185", no other episode number is present on the site. In TvSeries the same episode have Season=9 Episode=10.
    In my implementation I created a work-around: I simply ignore the season number, but I need the right episode number (in the example I need the number 185 not the 10). If you not manualy modify the episode given by the SubCentral from 10 to 185, then you will download the subtitle for episode 10. Hope that is clear enough.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: SubtitleDownloader 2.3

Released version 2.3

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

Third of the sites is not that negligible, especially if they are among the largest.
    There are always workarounds like you mentioned, but thats not the proper way and discourages code reusability.

You don't need to fear open source code, if you are new to this i would refer you to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-development-svn-15863/
    Many plugins are there and many more use sites like code.google.
    edit: Your library is independent to mediaportal so it would be more appropriate to use a separate code control.

Hi, Seco!

I agree with Magaf...
    Why don't you setup a project in Google Code?
    We then can propose patches to enhance the functionality of the plug-in and support more subtitle sources.
    You could be the moderator and evaluate every patch.

And regarding the subtitle search by hash, there are more sites using this approach. So, it would be great if we could have a standard way of getting the file name...

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

Hi again!

I have also another request: could you please differentiate Portuguese from Portugal (Portuguese-PT) from Portuguese from Brazil (Portuguese-BR) in your Language class???

:D

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi again!

I have also another request: could you please differentiate Portuguese from Portugal (Portuguese-PT) from Portuguese from Brazil (Portuguese-BR) in your Language class???

:D

Hi,

I'm not sure how this should be implemented since currently I'm using ISO 639-2 language codes (ISO 639-2 Language Code List - Codes for the representation of names of languages (Library of Congress)) which does not make difference between Portuguese-PT and Portuguese-BR..

torrinha

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

Hi! Thanks for the quick response!

I understand your concern. But I think this is a case that needs some attention, because the difference in the language between Portugal and Brazil is huge.

When I need to use language codes in software, I try to follow this little "guide":
    Using the proper language codes | blog.i18n.ro

Another question: have you thought about the idea of creating an open source project with your code?

Thanks one more time!

samo_yea

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi to all the italians out there!

I have implemented another subtitleDownloader, this time for the site Subsfactory.it - Sottotitoli per Passione - I sottotitoli italiani delle migliori serie tv! and I have also upgraded the ItalianSubs downloader for the SubtitleDownloader 2.3 (mainly the configuration file have to be in the same folder as the dll).

Instalation instructions: just extract the files to [RootDirectory]\SubtitleDownloaders where [RootDirectory] is the directory where SubtitleDownloader.dll is located in (see first post of this topic). For the ItalianSubs you have to modify the ItalianSubs.xml with your username and password for italiansubs.net

N.B.: If you have already used my previous version of italiansubs (SubtitleItasa.dll) you have to delete it and don't forget to delete the ItalianSubsSettings.xml from c:\ also.

Enjoy!

Samo

Attachments

• Subsfactory v1.0.zip
      6.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom