MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Localized error message when try to download

Hi,

when I try to download a subtitle (from any source), I get this error message from the screen and on tvseries.log:

Code:
    Downloading subtitle file failed: L'inizializzatore di tipo di 'SubtitleDownloader.Util.FileUtils' ha generato un'eccezione.

And yes, the message it's localized in italian language.

Anyone can help me ?

Regards,
    xavier.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

when I try to download a subtitle (from any source), I get this error message from the screen and on tvseries.log:

Code:
    Downloading subtitle file failed: L'inizializzatore di tipo di 'SubtitleDownloader.Util.FileUtils' ha generato un'eccezione.

And yes, the message it's localized in italian language.

Anyone can help me ?

Regards,
    xavier.

Hi,

Do you have 7z.dll located in the same folder that SubtitleDownloader.dll?

Both 7z.dll and SubtitleDownloader.dll should be located in your Mediaportal installation directory.

EDIT: SubtitleDownloader-0.8_with_Serbian.rar in the first post was missing 7z.dll. Please download SubtitleDownloader-0.8.rar which is updated in the first post.

collaborator

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Basel
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Yes I meant subtitle menu. But I do not see language code when I launch subtitle menu during the playback. It shows like my examples. :confused:

EDIT: If you mean choose subtitle menu when playing the video, it should already work as you wanted because the language code is added to the subtitle file name automatically.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes I meant subtitle menu. But I do not see language code when I launch subtitle menu during the playback. It shows like my examples. :confused:

EDIT: If you mean choose subtitle menu when playing the video, it should already work as you wanted because the language code is added to the subtitle file name automatically.

Well if your downloaded subtitle file is named something like Heroes.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.eng.srt as it should when using SubtitleDownloader then it's a problem with MP subtitle handling and there's nothing I can do about it.

I don't know how the parsing works in the subtitle selection menu.

collaborator

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Basel
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    This is where my question pops up.

When you download the subtitle with your plugin from one of the supported sites. Subtitles do not come like

Heroes.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.eng.srt

They are like ( without Language tag in last part of file name )

Heroes.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt ( this will show as X264-DIMENSION in subtitle menu while playin media )

Because parser pars the text after last dot in the file name.

My question was; would it be possible to implement something in your plugin that will write this tag in to file name (eg. EN,ENG or English) to convert Heroes.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt to
    Heroes.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.EN.srt

Sorry I could not explain the question very well in the first shot

Well if your downloaded subtitle file is named something like Heroes.S04E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.eng.srt as it should when using SubtitleDownloader then it's a problem with MP subtitle handling and there's nothing I can do about it.

I don't know how the parsing works in the subtitle selection menu.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    How good is this program when it comes to finding subtitles that matches the movie?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How good is this program when it comes to finding subtitles that matches the movie?

SubtitleDownloader itself doesn't do any special matching, it just provides an API to search subtitles (see examples in 2nd post). It's up to the source systems to provide the search results.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    So, do we need a different version of mytvseries.dll from you for every version of My Tv Series that comes out?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So, do we need a different version of mytvseries.dll from you for every version of My Tv Series that comes out?

No. SubtitleDownloader has already been integrated to TVSeries codebase and in the future it will ship with TVSeries starting from the next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom