SubtitleDownloader (2 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: SubtitleDownloader -project & My TVSeries

bump... really looking forward to using this feature together with bierdopje. You said it was an easy fix :(

Sorry, Im currently on holiday and will be back in 2 weeks, please be patient :)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Dont know if this deserves its own thread or not.
    anyhoo.

check this out:

Issue 97 - moving-pictures - Support auto-downloading of subtitles - Project Hosting on Google Code
    last entry-.

Without too much hassle, tvseries could use the subtitlesretriever assembly to fetch subs. just the same way as it's done in mov-pics.

Look at the way it's implemented in mov pics.

The BasicMediaDetail struct just needs to get the "Episode" and "Season" properties filled out in order to carry out a TV series subtitles search.

Tvseries could also easily steal the config part in mov pics.

the constructor to the subtitlesretriever class takes all relevant config settings like pref. langs. which subtitles providers.

easy.

I've uploaded the subtitlesretriever sources to:
    https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/SubtitlesRetriever/

/gibman

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Seeing as you used seco's work too maybe you two can team together to get this done.
    What does your work use to gather subtitles? Will there be a possibility to add all kinds of sites from different countries, like http://ondertitel.com/ from the Netherlands?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

anyhoo.

check this out:

Issue 97 - moving-pictures - Support auto-downloading of subtitles - Project Hosting on Google Code
    last entry-.

Without too much hassle, tvseries could use the subtitlesretriever assembly to fetch subs. just the same way as it's done in mov-pics.

The BasicMediaDetail struct just needs to get the "Episode" and "Season" properties filled out in order to carry out a TV series subtitles search.

the constructor to the subtitlesretriever class takes all relevant config settings like pref. langs. which subtitles providers.

easy.

https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/SubtitlesRetriever/

/gibman

It's already working perfectly for MPTVseries and had been working great for a few months.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

anyhoo.

check this out:

last entry-.

easy.

/gibman

It's already working perfectly for MPTVseries and had been working great for a few months.

Yeah but only with a limited number of sites. 3rd party development is necessary because ltfearme doesn't implement other site's code... And afaik the current solution doesn't use API.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

anyhoo.

check this out:

last entry-.

easy.

/gibman

Yeah but only with a limited number of sites. 3rd party development is necessary because ltfearme doesn't implement other site's code... And afaik the current solution doesn't use API.

I'm not sure i understand what you're saying. This plugin doesn't depend on anything in MPTvseries nor ltfearme's work. This is made by Seco, a standalone plugin that may be used with either Mptvseries or moving pictures.
    And it's up to him to add sites. He added a few sites that I wanted :)thx:) but well this should be opensource so people could add their own sites and share them. But this works with the largest sites and use API from those which support it.

So i'm unsure what you're saying :confused:

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Sorry, I was messing things up :p What I meant is that one library for all plugins would be great. So maybe combining the works of gibman and seco. That way there is one well working solution for a great range of websites, for both Moving Pictures and MyTVseries.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008

Well, I've got the my-tvseries version above installed, and installed the plugin and turned it on. It seems to have trouble finding any matches, and even when it does, and says it's downloaded them, they don't disply when I play the episode. Shouldn't we have a context menu option while the show is running to turn them on or off?

EDIT:

Example, for Family guy, I can find several sources for subs. Even downloading multiple ones deosn't display. Hitting 'L' on the keyboard doesn't make them display either. My anime MKVs with embedded subs seem to work just fine.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Well, I've got the my-tvseries version above installed, and installed the plugin and turned it on. It seems to have trouble finding any matches, and even when it does, and says it's downloaded them, they don't disply when I play the episode. Shouldn't we have a context menu option while the show is running to turn them on or off?

EDIT:

Example, for Family guy, I can find several sources for subs. Even downloading multiple ones deosn't display. Hitting 'L' on the keyboard doesn't make them display either. My anime MKVs with embedded subs seem to work just fine.

After you have downloaded the subtitle, check that the subtitle file really exists in the same folder than your video file is.

If subtitle file is there and subtitles don't show up, it's MP configuration problem.

If subtitle file is not there but download phase reported subtitle retrieved, it's downloader problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom