SubtitleDownloader (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for your help.

I've tried removing those files but same result. SousTitresEu.dll isn't recognized as soon as i update it.
    So I tried manually adding external downloaders one by one (and unchecked their installation by SubCentral), none of them are recognized.
    If the latest SousTitresEu.dll was packed in SubCentral, Would it work ?

Where can i find SubtitleDownloader 3.0.3 ? It was working well with old SousTitresEu.dll and 7z.

Thank you

I am very confused since everything is working fine here with the following setup:

- MediaPortal v1.2.3.0 (from MediaPortal.log)
    - SubCentral (1.1.2.256) (from SubCentral.log)
    - SubtitleDownloader 3.0.5 (right-click SubtitleDownloader.dll in MP Installation folder, select Properties -> Details, see Product version (ignore File description saying 3.0.4)
    - Latest SousTitresEu.dll from Google Code Repository located in MP Installation folder\SubtitleDownloaders

If your setup is identical, only thing I can come up with is that your SubCentral configuration is somehow messed up, in this case try removing SubCentral.xml in MP data directory (default is C:/ProgramData/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal) & re-configure

Last edited:

cartucho

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I have implemented a new subtitledownloader for the spanish site subtitulos.es. Mainly it has spanish TV shows subs.

Instalation instructions: just extract the SubtitulosEs.dll to [RootDirectory]\SubtitleDownloaders where [RootDirectory] is the directory where SubtitleDownloader.dll is located in (see first post of this topic).

I have tested it with some series and works great, but if there is any problem, please post it.

Enjoy it!

Attachments

• SubtitulosEs.zip
      4.6 KB

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks, I'll add this to next version of SubCentral if this is OK for you.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any chance of a new method in the interface to retrieve the contents of the subtitlefile?
    That way, I can completely eliminate the use of files for that matter (and probably making it a bit more thread-safe).

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Any chance of a new method in the interface to retrieve the contents of the subtitlefile?
    That way, I can completely eliminate the use of files for that matter (and probably making it a bit more thread-safe).

I'm not sure how this would fit the concept since it's all about downloading files (mostly ZIP/RAR archives containing the actual subtitles file(s)). Are you still struggling with Online Videos support perhaps?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, it's more a general feeling that it would be more efficient if the "disk" factor is ruled out.
    When I call SearchSubtitles I suppose nothing is saved to disk.
    Only when I call SaveSubtitle I guess the zip is downloaded (saved to disk?) and extracted to disk.
    I then read the whole contents of the file in a string which I pass on to the player, and delete the file.
    If I can get the contents of the file directly from the subtitledownloader, nothing has to be saved on disk, and it seems a bit faster

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Well, it's more a general feeling that it would be more efficient if the "disk" factor is ruled out.
    When I call SearchSubtitles I suppose nothing is saved to disk.
    Only when I call SaveSubtitle I guess the zip is downloaded (saved to disk?) and extracted to disk.
    I then read the whole contents of the file in a string which I pass on to the player, and delete the file.
    If I can get the contents of the file directly from the subtitledownloader, nothing has to be saved on disk, and it seems a bit faster

Doing everything in memory just for performance doesn't sound very elegant solution and I doubt the user would see any difference. I still wonder why the contents of a subtitle must be a single string in Online Videos, IMO that sounds a poor design and pointer to a file would be a much better solution. In general reading a file into a single string doesn't sound good to me.

Don't get me wrong here, I would really like to help if I understand what the actual problem is :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I pass the file content to the player, I can immediately remove the file (and thus no need for garbage collection).
    When I pass the link to the file, the only way to not have to clean up is using the same file to put it in (ie re-use it), but then I have to make some arrangements with respect to multithreading (happening when downloading videos).

But for now, it's not a real problem, more a kind of gut-feeling

dacore944

Portal Member
    June 12, 2007
    Hi,

since a week or so i cannot download any subs from bierdopje.com. It used to work very good, i still can download from other sources (but they don't have dutch subs). I tried with xbmc and it can still download from bierdopje. So it is specific to SubtitleDownloader and SubCentral. I am using MP 1.2 with Subcentral 1.1.2 and subtitledownloader 3.0.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom