Subtitles (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All, after much playing I have found if I play the TV show through "Videos" rather than "My TV Series" then MP picks up the srt file and displays the subtitles. So at least there is a work around that lets me watch and understand. Thanks for all of your advice, it is greatly appreciated.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That would be a bug then in the way MediaPortal plays the file that MP-TVSeries hands off to it, because they should play back identical.

@Sebastiii or @azzuro can you think of anything that @ltfearme is doing different to not get subtitles handled the same? Is some code missing from MP-TVSeries when it calls into MediaPortal to hand over control to play the media?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello @RoChess, i think mptvseries use myvideo as player, so all is available from myvideo, should be present in mptvseries playing.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    We have global video player for all plugins, MyVideo, TVSeries, mvCentral, MovPics, MyFilms ... so all is available for myvideo, should be present in mptvseries playing. :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) still plugin can inherit player from internal MP (like BDHanlder) that can handle subtitle on his side :)
    @mickb it could be nice to supply debug log and sample for us to reproduce it (even) with screenshot :D
    Thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ajs, I was under the impression indeed that they all worked identical, but then why would subtitle scenario work within MyVideos, but fail in MP-TVSeries?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Need logs and codecs settings in MP and in codec :) TVSeries only send filename to Video player, all other make Video player + Codec...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So, After doing a full fresh install on my new PN62 PC the subtitles are working in MyTV Series as well as My Videos. This is the first fresh install I have done of MP for years and it seems to have doe the trick. Thanks to everyone for their comments and assistance in keeping MP the best and most supported media centre out there.

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have for the most part resolved this issue, but I may have gone the long way around. Any file that has the subtitles inbedded but requiring subtitles to be turned on to see them I am running through Handbrake and burning the forced english subtitles into the file so the display regardless of the subtitles in the config. If the file comes with an external SRT file I am again using Handbrake and burning the the forced English subtitles in the SRT into file for the same result as above. Hope this helps people having the same issue with subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread