Sudoku Plugin? (1 Viewer)

dragongc

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Poland
mzemina said:
dragongc said:
I think that in official version of MP should be more games like this (for wifes ;-)), not only tetris. Section: My games ?? My entertainment ??. What do you think

Look at my posting on another thread. I was trying to gather all the MP games in one spot. Well, at least in one posting.

So far it appears that there are four games being (in one stage or another) developed for Media Portal: ClickMania, TicTacToe, Tetris, & Sudoku. Plus I heard solitare is being started by barranger. At least he is starting to look at Java source code he has found.

Mikeheard
Yes.
But gathering in one post it is one thing and other is gathering in one place on MP (especiali i think about newbie).

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dragongc said:
    mzemina said:
    dragongc said:
    I think that in official version of MP should be more games like this (for wifes ;-)), not only tetris. Section: My games ?? My entertainment ??. What do you think

Look at my posting on another thread. I was trying to gather all the MP games in one spot. Well, at least in one posting.

So far it appears that there are four games being (in one stage or another) developed for Media Portal: ClickMania, TicTacToe, Tetris, & Sudoku. Plus I heard solitare is being started by barranger. At least he is starting to look at Java source code he has found.

Mikeheard
    Yes.
    But gathering in one post it is one thing and other is gathering in one place on MP (especiali i think about newbie).

I believe that many developers and many support people are looking at MP from the newbie standpoint. That is why in the actual MP code the developers are working on wizards for the initial setup/configuration to help out in that area. On the website there is a team being formed to rework the main website. From a support standpoint there are a couple of developers that have worked on support tools to avoid newbies from digging out the info that is needed by the support people in order to help out newbies. And on the manual there are several people working of cleaning it up. So we (all MP lovers) know that from a newbie standpoint it can be frustrated and many concerns are being worked on and hopefully you'll start to see some of the labor of these people start to pay off.

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Does the following image look more like what you were thinking about? Or did you want the numbers (3D version this time) included and maybe the question mark also included somewhere?

sudoku17cr.png

I'm not done with it, so if you have any suggestions, feel free! I'm closing up the shop tonight and may not work on it again (although if I have some "free" time tomorrow and you have suggestions, I'll give it a half hour of time or more) until Monday.

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I'm waiting to hear back from cosmo before I finish this image. I guess life has encroached on his MP development world. It happens to all of us.

Mike

Cosmo

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    Sudoku images

I really like the image with him holding the 3x3 grid - but how do I go about turning this into the appropriate "hover_my sudoku.png" file. The images on this thread seem to be of the wrong dimension and don't have the dark blue edge to them???

On the actual dev front I have rewritten the basic solver - so that it works a lot faster and also can now generate random completed sudoku puzzles. This is a big step forward as it should now be very simple to use the solver to generate a random fully completed puzzle and then simple erase cells checking that the puzzle still has only 1 solution - thus generating a random sudoku puzzle. I'm still not entirely certain about how to deal with difficulty - my theory is to use the number of guesses that the solver needs to make to rate the puzzle.

I think using 0 to erase the cells contents is the best option (as someone above mentioned).

Lots of good ideas on this thread and I will get around to them - just want to get the basic puzzle game working first.

I hope to make another release (which has puzzle generating capability) within the next 4-5 days.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Re: Sudoku images

Cosmo said:
    I really like the image with him holding the 3x3 grid - but how do I go about turning this into the appropriate "hover_my sudoku.png" file. The images on this thread seem to be of the wrong dimension and don't have the dark blue edge to them???

I was waiting for your approval before finishing up the image. Yes I needed to add the blue edge and the shadow to it. I wasn't sure if there was anything else that should be given to this image to make it unique so it could be seen as the Sudoku plugin.

Finally I can provide it in .png format to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom