Sudoku Plugin? (1 Viewer)

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
mzemina said:
Does the following image look more like what you were thinking about? Or did you want the numbers (3D version this time) included and maybe the question mark also included somewhere?

I would have liked it to be a bit more like this (but more nice looking :) )

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mrMad - That looks totally cool. I like it! Are you going to follow-up by creating an image that can be used?

Mike Zemina

MrMad

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2005
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mzemina said:
    mrMad - That looks totally cool. I like it! Are you going to follow-up by creating an image that can be used?

Mike Zemina

Actually, I thought I could leave it to someone more talented.

Cosmo

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    Generating puzzles - but needs more work

I have got the basic puzzle generation now working. Need to get this checked into sourceforge. It will generate minimal puzzles (meaning that if you take away any single clue in the puzzle then the resulting puzzle is not a valid sudoku - either no solution or multiple solutions). Seems to work ok - I actually hand solved one it generated the other night with not too much of a problem. Rating puzzles is still an unknown entity for me - I know the basics - code up the human solving strategies and try to use these to solve a puzzle. Each strategy can be rated and the most difficult strategy reqd. to solve a particular puzzle determines the difficulty of the puzzle. Fortunately most sudokus don't require that difficult strategies - and I have started looking at coding these up.

I hope to package up what I've got with some UI improvements soon - numbers entered by user will show red if they are incorrect (will make this optional ultimately). Would also like to show the possibilities for the empty squares - should just require a bit of tweaking my cell control so that my code paints the possibilities itself.

Generating good puzzles for humans to solve is a difficult problem and most of the open source code out there isn't great at doing this. I have been digesting the sudoku programmers forum:

http://www.setbb.com/phpbb/?mforum=sudoku

As aways I have been somewhat distracted by other things recently (e.g. work, work and more work! and a little bit of xmas stuff too). I am still keen to progress this though.

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when i click the New Game button, nothing happens and in the error log, I get message after message saying:

12/6/2005 9:54:50 AM render exception:confused:ystem.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.m_dwPosX'.
    at sudoku_mp.CellControl.Render(Single timePassed)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Render(Single timePassed)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

Cosmo

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    I suspect that this is a versioning issue - can't remember off the top of my head what version I built against. However, I'll try and rebuild against 0.2rc1 (not the latest cvs - although I'd like to build against this too soon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom