Sumvision Cyclone Mini PC (2 Viewers)

deadmonty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Red Lodge, Suffolk, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The audio properties are dependent upon what the TV or AV Amp transmits back to the display device.
    Unfortuantely thts not correct. For example: Most NVidia cards are not capable to output 88,2 Khz or 176,4 Khz.

The Cyclone picked up everything my AV amp was capable of within the HDMI 1.4 spec. This is not an NVidia card, it's an Intel Gen7 HD graphics device, so the example is meaningless.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, let me ask a new question. Is it possible to playback a 5.1 channel, 24bit, 176,4Khz flac audio file?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    what kind of remote are you using, if any?
    Microsoft MCE RC6 remote. You can still buy RC6 remotes, but made by HP for their old Media Centre computers.
    Most (and possibly all) One-for-All universal remotes have Microsoft MCE RC6 protocol built in. It is probably best to buy one that has a button labelled "Satellite" or "Cable", since that is where the MCE code-set usually lives. The catch is that they are not sold with an IR receiver (so that needs to be sourced separately). However, the upside is that they are reasonably priced (significantly less than the cheapest Harmony).

One-for-All produce various button layouts, with various button combinations. Although it is not perfect, I quite like the One-for-All URC-7140 "Essence 4", which I have in my collection.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have about 5 MCE-compatible remotes here, which I bought last year for about 3.50 EUR each. It's certainly not superior quality but at this price I can simply use it until keys no longer function and then discard it...

It was more about the receiver I was asking since these tend to cost much more. Given the cheap price of such a PC what's the point to spend another 20% on top of that for a RC6 eHome receiver? Maybe you guys know of something better-priced?

deadmonty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Also, does the Cyclone support the usual low-power states, specifically sleep (S3) and hibernation (S4)? I could imagine that the manufacturer decided to omit those capabilities, on the basis that the Cyclone "consumes so little power when running".
    I tested both last night. Neither sleep nor hibernate work correctly. However, given the low power usage of this machine (12W), it's easier to simply leave it switched on and set MP to throttle down its display when idle.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i disagree here.

I tested both last night. Neither sleep nor hibernate work correctly. However, given the low power usage of this machine (12W), it's easier to simply leave it switched on and set MP to throttle down its display when idle.

~105 KW/year
    ~ 30EUR/year

I think an actual pc must support these power states!

Best regards
    Helios

deadmonty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi,
    i disagree here.

~105 KW/year
    ~ 30EUR/year

I think an actual pc must support these power states!

Best regards
    Helios
    Yes, most actual PCs do support S3 and S4. However, most actual PCs are also consuming upward of around 250 W to 300 W.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, most actual PCs do support S3 and S4. However, most actual PCs are also consuming upward of around 250 W to 300 W.
    At this moment: Core i5-4570s, 8GB Ram, 1TB HDD, 1xSSD, 1xODD -> < 40W

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom