Support for a site request thread (6 Viewers)

2thor

Portal Pro
November 1, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

odysseus

Portal Pro
November 27, 2006
Newtonville,Massachusetts
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would like to second claimui's request for The Daily Show. While the aired episode might be available in Watch-Series, this wouldn't have the features that the site itself has to offer. For instance, you can show all Guests, which allows you to then find all the extended interviews that often happen when politicians or journalists appear. I've many times had to stop watching the recorded program, go to the computer then find the interview. I would love to just access this in Online Videos. I thank you very much for any consideration.

titof

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
France France

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The first url works, because it links directly to a playable file (flv) and the coscond doesn't, because it links to a html page (with embedded swf), which must be searched somehow to find the actual file playback url. OnlineVideos needs a link to a file that could be downloaded and played locally. Best idea would probably be to write a small C# siteutil that works with the API you linked.

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Support for a site request thread

The first url works, because it links directly to a playable file (flv) and the coscond doesn't, because it links to a html page (with embedded swf), which must be searched somehow to find the actual file playback url. OnlineVideos needs a link to a file that could be downloaded and played locally. Best idea would probably be to write a small C# siteutil that works with the API you linked.

Ok, thanks for your reply !

I'll look for write a siteutil ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom