Support for a site request thread (1 Viewer)

titof

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
Re : Re: Support for a site request thread

Hello offbyone,

I found why I could not play this video. This is a video into several parts (chapters).

So I created a SiteUtilBase class with a getMultipleVideoUrls method and return the list of url of this video.

When I start playing, the first video works well, but not the second.

Here are the url returned by getMultipleVideoUrls. They all work individually but not together in OnlineVideos:

http://api.kewego.com//video/getStr...fc5a66c80f60e9d&mode=external&pos=1&v=4814887

http://api.kewego.com//video/getStr...fc5a66c80f60e9d&mode=external&pos=2&v=4814887

The only thing that changes is the parameter &pos= (1,2,3,4 ....)

Can you help me please ?

Thanks !

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not sure what's causing the error :(
    It's played using WindowsMediaPlayer overlay, because the Filetype can't be guessed. I checked, it looks like mp4. Can you edit the XML of your site in OnlineVideoSites.xml and set the attribute player="Internal" on your Site element? (see TVNZ for example) This will force it to use the internal player, maybe that works better.

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

I am not sure what's causing the error :(
    It's played using WindowsMediaPlayer overlay, because the Filetype can't be guessed. I checked, it looks like mp4. Can you edit the XML of your site in OnlineVideoSites.xml and set the attribute player="Internal" on your Site element? (see TVNZ for example) This will force it to use the internal player, maybe that works better.

Ok, it's works with this parameter, but the result is not as expected.

After the first part, OnlineVideos return to list of videos, buffering the second, and play it. So we need wait a few seconds between each chapter.

It is possible to read all chapters continuously ?

Thanks.;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently each clip that is going to be played is buffering the percentage set in the OnlineVideos configuration to avoid stuttering playback.
    I don't (or maybe even can't) build a graph already in the background while the other clip is still playing, so 100% seamless playback is not possible. I could try to disable the buffering on multiple file playback (maybe a config setting, no all users might want that).

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

Currently each clip that is going to be played is buffering the percentage set in the OnlineVideos configuration to avoid stuttering playback.
    I don't (or maybe even can't) build a graph already in the background while the other clip is still playing, so 100% seamless playback is not possible. I could try to disable the buffering on multiple file playback (maybe a config setting, no all users might want that).

Ok, but, with 1% or 20%, onlineVideos always buffering to 20%. I test with WMP buffer parameter with 0 msec, but it's similar.

:(

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Re : Re: Support for a site request thread

Ok, but, with 1% or 20%, onlineVideos always buffering to 20%. I test with WMP buffer parameter with 0 msec, but it's similar.

Maybe the clips are very short and the time it takes MediaPortal to show and start playing the video is long enough to buffer up to 20%?

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Re : Re: Support for a site request thread

Maybe the clips are very short and the time it takes MediaPortal to show and start playing the video is long enough to buffer up to 20%?

Maybe ... The size of the clips range from 3 minutes to 15 minutes. when a large clip start, buffering is longer and goes up to 40% sometimes.

Thanks for your help ;)

EDIT : Oh, and congratulations for this plugin, the code is very clean, very well designed. A real pleasure! Very good work!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It might also depend on the direct show filters used to play the file. Some like to buffer more (and issue seek commands to see the length of the clip before starting playback).

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

It might also depend on the direct show filters used to play the file. Some like to buffer more (and issue seek commands to see the length of the clip before starting playback).

you're right. if I get the clips in .MP4, buffering is about 20%, if I take them in .flv, the buffer is 1%.

This is my codec :

Capture.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom