Support for a site request thread (2 Viewers)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
No I mean tvtropolis, the food network, showcase, hostory televisin, global tv, etc.. Allmost every site that is added today
My apologies. I think you are absolutely right. This morning before leaving for work, I tried them on my home HTPC and the URL started buffering and then it gave the error. So, for now, it only works on my dev machine.

I will uninstall OnlineVideos from my dev machine and try to get a debug log with a fresh install of OnlineVideos (after grabbing the sites from the global list).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers.

edit: tried it on my dev machine. Uninstalled OnlineVideos. Installed OV. From MePo, Manage Sites -> Update All. And it played fine on first try. I will have to wait till I get home to try the same on my HTPC.

I'm surprised that there aren't more request for Icefilms. The XBMC plugin works great and I see many people who are buying AppleTV's and just to hack them with XBMC and use Icefilms. The impression I get is that it simply can't work? Or can it? Unfortunately I don't know enough about it but if someone who does know could say whether it is possible at all maybe then I might try to pursue it. I just hate having to exit MediaPortal to bring up XBMC just for Icefilms.
If you are adventurous, you can look at the code for XBMC Icefilems and try and write a site for it for OV.

As doskabouter said earlier, try Watch-Series and Watch-Movies and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
No I mean tvtropolis, the food network, showcase, hostory televisin, global tv, etc.. Allmost every site that is added today
So, I tried it again on my home HTPC and cannot reproduce the failures. If anyone has some failures for the above sites, could you post Debug logs, please? Could you also mention whether your are accessing from a non-Canadian IP address?

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi!

Finnish yle areena and fin-tv site are awesome. I use finnish tvkaista internet provider which provides a website-based interface to access subscriber content. Its success has sparked third-party developers to build interfaces for, among others, Apple iOS, Android, Nokia and Boxee devices. They have open access to API so can someone make this site for online videos?

site: TVkaista - Telkkari netissä

Thank,

I second this request to keep thread alive!!! :)

BTW, it already exist for XMBC, if it helps any? (http://code.google.com/p/tvkaistaforxbmcv2/)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How about Kahn Academy at here.

Done! Autoupdate & enjoy

You can create account for free at TVkaista - Telkkari netissä useing facebook, twitter or google account and you can use it for free for first two weeks... :)

Any chance of someone doing some preliminary work (get url of page with categories, url of page with subcategories, url of page with videos), because my finnish is a bit rusty at the moment :)

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    It would be nice to have support for TVO (TV Ontario, Home | TVO Main). There are several programs, but in particular I am interested in BigIdeas (Home | Big Ideas) - there are some excellent educational programs / lectures out there. Thank you in advance!

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It would be nice to have support for TVO (TV Ontario, Home | TVO Main). There are several programs, but in particular I am interested in BigIdeas (Home | Big Ideas) - there are some excellent educational programs / lectures out there. Thank you in advance!
    I am not sure about what RTMP streaming scheme TVO uses. I very recently did a site for City TV which utilizes the same (brightcove) streaming as TVO (I think). After spending a couple of weeks finishing City TV I found that none of the RTMP streams would play. All that time was wasted, as I realized in the end that the RTMP streams themselves were encrypted (and can't be played by MePo or rtmpdump). Hope that's not the case with TVO. I will attempt TVO if time permits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom