Support for TechnoTrend TT-Connect S2-4650 CI (1 Viewer)

jbagh

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey,
I have been using Mediaportal for YEARS. But I bought a new receiver, since my computer broke, and the new does not have firewire. So I had to buy a TechnoTrend S2-4650CI

However. I cannot get it working with Mediaportal. It does not recognize it. Any way of getting that to work?

Don't know what you need more?

Jesper

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jesper

Any way of getting that to work?
    Normally it should be recognised without problem. The CI slot isn't expected to work, but that's a separate problem.

Make sure you've installed the driver from TechnoTrend:
    PC-Produkte

If you've installed the driver properly, the tuner should show in Windows Device Manager.
    If it doesn't show in Device Manager then you haven't installed the driver properly. MediaPortal's TV Server won't see it until you fix this.

If the tuner shows in Windows device manager, the tuner should show (after reboot) in MediaPortal's TV Server.
    If the tuner shows in Device Manager but doesn't show in MediaPortal's TV Server tuner list after reboot, please use the MediaPortal Watchdog tool option 3 ("export...") to collect log files. Attach the log files to your next reply.

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey,

The tuner shows in Device Manager and in TV Server. But after a reboot two tuners is shows in TV Server. The TT-Connect S2 (per device manager) but also a professional DVB Digital DVB-S2 device (not present in Device Manager)

So one in Windows Device Manager, and two in TV Server.

I will collect logs and attach to the next post.

Also - I am using the CI interface for encrypted channels. So I need that ;-)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

The tuner shows in Device Manager and in TV Server. But after a reboot two tuners is shows in TV Server. The TT-Connect S2 (per device manager) but also a professional DVB Digital DVB-S2 device (not present in Device Manager)

So one in Windows Device Manager, and two in TV Server.
    TV Server doesn't just add tuners randomly. :)

Are both of the tuners listed as type "DVB-S", or is one listed as type "Unknown"?
    I ask this because I suspect that W10 is automatically updating the driver. If that happens, the TT tuner will be listed as "Unknown" and the professional tuner will be listed as type "DVB-S". Full Watchdog logs would show this.

(I should also say that I think the TT connect S2 4650 internals are a clone/copy of the DVBSky S960C. The DVBSky tuners are often shown as "Professional...". So, this is possibly more evidence of a driver change.)

Also - I am using the CI interface for encrypted channels. So I need that ;-)
    Well then you may have bought the wrong tuner. Can't make any promises about that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I wouldn't be thinking about buying another tuner yet. All I'm saying is that there are no guarantees.
    Please answer my question about the tuner type listings (unknown vs. DVB-S).

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The original one is Unknown after boot. Attached pictures and logs.

Attachments

• devices after boot.PNG
      devices after boot.PNG
      84 KB
    • devices before boot.PNG
      devices before boot.PNG
      87.3 KB
    • device manager.PNG
      device manager.PNG
      42.5 KB
    • Mediaportal Errors.rar
      315.2 KB

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If I boot the computer it's back to the original one as standard... It switches - which makes it hard to make it work ;-)

Attachments

• after another boot.PNG
      after another boot.PNG
      84.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom