Support for TechnoTrend TT-Connect S2-4650 CI (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is definitely a driver problem. Please contact TechnoTrend/CityCom support.

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Message back from Support to you:

Hello,

unfortunately we did not know so far about that problem, as we ship the TT-Viewer along with our products.
    The driver was indeed issued and signed by DVBSKy, which is the developer of the hardware and drivers.
    We don't know why this device shows up in Mediaportal, as the driver only creates one entry in device manager
    called "TechnoTrend Connect S2-4650". Maybe it's an issue about the BDA implementation in Mediaportal, as
    the Vendor-ID seems to be indentical to DVBSky, nevertheless the SUB-ID is connected to CityCom /Technotrend.
    We did not experience that problem with DVBViewer Pro, too. So we can only recommend that maybe Mediaportal
    is checking their BDA implementation for that device and either rename it or split it into 2 existing devices, one to
    DVBSky, the other one to TechnoTrend.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I want to make it very clear: MediaPortal's TV Server lists the tuners that Windows says are present. We do not manipulate the tuner name, vendor ID or sub-ID in any way.

You're welcome to try TT-Viewer. I can almost guarantee it will show the same problem.

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No matter how much I test it. Unplug and plugin the device. Reboot the system. Rescan devices. TT-Viewer only has one device and tunes the channels fine.

But in TV-Server a new device pops up every time. Showing the last device as unknown. Meaning I have to enter TV-Server every time and remap the channels to the new card in order to make it work.

Stuck....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Jesper, I'm sorry you feel stuck.

You may think I'm crazy, but I'm still convinced that the tuner driver is the cause of this problem. I'm convinced because I know for sure that TV Server simply shows the tuners that Windows says are connected.

To cut a long story short: I have one workaround suggestion for you. Please try to configure TV Server to delay tuner detection.

You can find the setting in TV Server Configuration -> general section -> application tab -> "delay in seconds before TVServer detects cards".

Normally this setting is only needed for tuners with questionable drivers. Maybe the TT S2-4650 is one of them.

I suggest to start with a value of 60 seconds. This means that you can't use MediaPortal for 60 seconds after system boot. If it solves the problem, you may be able to reduce the value later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom