SVT Play (1 Viewer)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    As always - excellent work with SVTPlay! The kids really love it!

However when (trying to use it last night) it was very slow and took for ever to start playing a show. I tried to play an episode of the the kidsshow Billy (and other shows naturally) and had to revert back to playing it via the webbinterface. Is that just my setup or do others have problems with this too?
    Can you attach logs? But I guess that you want play long video and default OV buffering is 2%, so it can be big amount of data.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    None of the episode descriptions are showing at the moment. Thumbnails is showing though, so I don't think it's completely broken.

Emph

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    None of the episode descriptions are showing at the moment. Thumbnails is showing though, so I don't think it's completely broken.

Emph
    Can confirm this. It's possible to watch and download episodes/movies even if there is no name or description of the video link.

Also this time I couldn't report the problem from gui. Ov told me to update first, I did so but the same error occurred again. No logs sorry.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have patched the SVTPlayUtil to show title and description. The fixes are for the actual videos and the dynamic categories (the shows) under "Kategorier".

Attaching patch and dll.

I have not done anything about the "Öppet Arkiv" problems

Edit: Maybe ping @offbyone

Attachments

• SVTPlayUtil.cs.patch
      2.1 KB
    • OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone.zip
      222.6 KB
    Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm on a roll @offbyone... ;)Added "Öppet arkiv" as a main category. It uses the A-Ö listing of all show on the öppet arkiv web page. It respects the SVTPlay splitByLetter-setting.

This xml-snippet has to be added to the categories of the SVTPlay site definition in OnlineVideoSites.xml, maybe last of the categories to get alphabetic sorting.
    XML:
    <Category xsi:type="RssLink" name="Öppet arkiv">http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel</Category>

Attaching patch. I'm far from an expert in coding this kind of stuff, some trial and error - and hopefully I haven't messed with some other part of SVTPlay. But all seems to work...

Attachments

• SVTPlayUtil.cs.patch
      5.4 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice work! Seems you are going to keep the Swedish Users happy!
    Updated Site published.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom