Swedish sites: SVT, TV4, Dplay Premium, UR, Viasat channels + Movie & Series sites (2 Viewers)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    FYI, I've re added Dreamfilm, now under the name DreamfilmHD. Quality wise they seem to have stepped up a notch.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello Ministerk,
    I am watching Viaplay.se now (Champions league, ofc), using the new HTML 5 player from Viaplay, which only currently works in Chrome version 42 or newer.

It is a LOT better performance and quality than the old silver light player... If you haven't tried it, please do.

Anyway, do you think you could look into supporting this player in online videos?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello Ministerk,
    I am watching Viaplay.se now (Champions league, ofc), using the new HTML 5 player from Viaplay, which only currently works in Chrome version 42 or newer.

It is a LOT better performance and quality than the old silver light player... If you haven't tried it, please do.

Anyway, do you think you could look into supporting this player in online videos?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

At the moment this is not possible since the Browser Player is a application build on standard .net components (it is not Internet Explorer although the browser player share resources with IE). Someone (not me :p) have to implement an external chrome player that could be used with OV to make this happen.

The release of OV 2.0 made it possible for Viaplay to use the internal MP/OV player for a lot of their content. I think all the sport content is available with the internal player in 720p quality. You just have to enable it in Viaplay OV settings.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, understand.

Eventually IE or Spartan will support HTML 5.

I guess all the streaming content will use HTML 5 in the future, making it possible I guess.

Thanks for your answer.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Eventually IE or Spartan will support HTML 5.

I guess all the streaming content will use HTML 5 in the future, making it possible I guess.
    I think all the commercial streaming providers will go to HTML5 exclusive only when Windows 8.1+ is the standard OS (when Win7 is fazed out or not widely used) since this is the minimum requirement for the HTML5 DRM to be available in combination with IE(11+). Furthermore (I think) .NET4 applications that uses the web browser forms components never going to get these DRM features/components.

Last edited:

bytebitten

March 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I finally updated my MP and OnlineVideos to latest versions and so far everything works like a charm, a lot faster streaming and more sites are accessible.

Thank you all for your effort you put into this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom