Swedish sites: SVT, TV4, Dplay Premium, UR, Viasat channels + Movie & Series sites (2 Viewers)

u28151

Portal Pro
March 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The settings are saved when closing MP properly, i.e. not "closing" mp by shutting down the computer. You could also save the username/password in online videos plugin configuration inside the mp configuration app.

Thanks, but that is what I have done. I have configured password both in MP configuration and inside the online videos plugin. When done I manage to get into TV4Play, but after returning from hibernation online videos asks me to provide a password (which is now blanked).

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @u28151 just to be on the safe side: could you enter your credentials for tv4 when using mp/ov. Enter the site to verify that you have entered them correct, then close mp from basic home (not alt-f4 or something else). Re open mp and try to use the tv4 play site. Does this work? If so, let mp go into hibernation and try again.

If you set some other config value, does this stick?

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, so I typed my password (username was still correct), I entered TV4Play. I closed down MP from basic home and started it again. I was able to enter TV4Play.
    I waited for PC to hibernate and woke it up - still able to enter TV4Play without manually typing password.
    So, it seems that MP does not save the password without closing application? But why does it store my user-id correctly? Both are located in MediaPortal.xml, where password is stored encrypted.
    Thanks for getting involved, really appreciate it!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, it seems that MP does not save the password without closing application?
    Correct.
    But why does it store my user-id correctly?
    It might have been previously saved. A couple of versions ago we started to encrypt passwords and old password settings was cleared as a side effect. The encryption is machine dependent, if you lift your settings from one computer to another the password is not preserved.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Correct.

It might have been previously saved. A couple of versions ago we started to encrypt passwords and old password settings was cleared as a side effect. The encryption is machine dependent, if you lift your settings from one computer to another the password is not preserved.

OK, that explains things. Too bad though, I have an automation in place to reinstall all my media PCs silently using the same configuration files. This way I still have to some manual steps... Thanks anyway!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Viaplay doesn't work anymore. Could you please take a look?
    I have no problems with Viaplay. You need to be more specific and provide information about whats failing and supply logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom