Switching between channels does not work anymore (1 Viewer)

huskyfan610

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Lower Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: RC4
MediaPortal Version: RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 3400+
HDD: ST 160GB
Memory: SD RAM 768 MB
Motherboard: Asus K8VX-SE
Video Card: Geforce 6200 Chipset
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: onboard / coaxial out
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: latest MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: latest MPA
h.264 Video Codec: none
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: unknown
Cooling: standard fan
Power Supply: unknown
Remote: Aldi X10
TV: Telefunken PALcolor P8500MV
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Hi all,

Last week I updated my system with the latest drivers for my Skystar 2 PCI due to some non Media Portal related problems. (See link: TechniSat Digital: Downloads). After installation the switching between TV channels did not work proper anymore. Sometimes MP switches (by pressing 1 on the keyboard when watching TV) the channel and everything works fine. Sometimes MP switches the channel, plays back the channel for round about 2 secondes and then freezes the screen.

Because RC4 was released, I decided to build up the system from the scratch. I did a complete new installation of Windows XP SP3 and all the stuff needed to run MP - nothing else. But still the same problem - I can't switch between the TV channels proper. This is a real show stopper for me and specially for my girl friend. So please help me. Logs attached.

Regards,
Michael

huskyfan610

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Lower Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Today I reverted to Windows XP SP2 (I deinstalled WIN XP SP3) to be able to install the old SkyStarII driver (Version 4.4.1 from 1.10.2007) and the system is working perfect again :D. I can switch between channels and it works perfect.
BUT: It is not possible to install the old Skystar II driver Version 4.4.1 on a system where WinXP SP3 is installed. So I would say that the current build (RC4) is not compatible with the SkystarII DVB-S card. I encountered the same problem for RC3.

Regards,
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom