FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Switching MP2 to Git

gource - Project Hosting on Google Code

It's made with this program ;) Have fun =)

--------- Geändert von FreakyJ (Heute um 22:01 Uhr). Grund: Automerged Doublepost ----------

I've created a video of the first seconds of MP2 =) It isn't really spectacular, but a nice to have^^

A full video would take hours... >_> Okay, you can start at different positions, nut you have to play a bit with the program to get a really fancy video, the best is if you have a look at the program yourself =)

Netload Serious Filehosting - Netload

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Really nice. Hehe. But in the first time of MP2, which is captured in FreakyJ's video, you see mainly Frodo jumping around with some others :)
    The video stopped before I came into play. :)

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

great piece of software and the whole idea... so funny to watch, like ants running around and building up their hill :)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice to see, thanks for the link.

I looked the all dev yesterday, and for me it really shows how hard it can be to develop that kind of software from nothing.

I think the hardest is to not loose his mind.

Thanks to all developers for their work. I won't say the name, I don't want to forget anyone ;)

Cheers.

PS : Be aware that in Gource, files "disapears" after not being touch for some time. If you want to see all the files all along, just set the --max-files option to a big value (I used 80000000), and the -i option to a big value too (ie 200000). Cause if you let the default value, it seems files are always deleted from the project, and that is not so frequent.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I couldn't download any of the files, the transfer always stopped before reaching 50%. Are there mirrors available, or can some team member upload it to !ftp ?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

sorry about that... I have a premium ACC and really no problems with netload =)

Michael9000

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First of all a BIG :D to all of you. MP has improved sooo much over the last years, and it's getting better and better.

I gave up learning MP'1's source code, because there's to much code and so little time to read it all. So I'm gonna keep an eye on MP2 src from the start - it's looking really nice :)

To get the sources from the new Git server, you need to install the Git windows client.

Like many others, I'm new to Git, and since the MP-team already has made the switch to Git, I'd be very happy to know which client you're using (or would recommend)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom