System Crash on awake from sleep (1 Viewer)

Mike Osborne

Portal Member
January 31, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MP 1.8.0
System: PC Windows 7 Ult, FusionHDTV7 card, AVERMedia M780 TV card, DVBSky 952 satellite cards installed.
ASROCK Z77-Pro4M motherboard, Intel I3 processor, 2GB memory. Using TV as dsiplay.

Other sofftware of interest: PPStream, PPTV-Live, NextPVR, FusionHDTV, DVBViewer. Symantec.

System seems to crash when I turn on Power Saving option using default power options modified to 15 minutes for Display and 15 minutes for system.

Still investigating. I have turned off the power saving options and now switching on one part of it at time, starting with display off in 15 minutes. Hoping to isolate the exact trigger.

I am not very good with reading the crash reports, but it seems like things start to go wrong just as the computer is commanded to come out of sleep mode to make a recording as requested by the TV Service. So I am guessing that it is either MP, PPStream or PPTV-Live (the latter both Chinese origin).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Mike Osborne

Portal Member
January 31, 2013
Home Country
I have included some log files generated a couple of hours after the crash. The "...dmp.txt" file should be renamed "....dmp" ad it is actually a minidump file.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 060314-45318-01.dmp.txt
    256 KB
  • WER-107406-0.sysdata.xml
    230 KB
  • Result.txt
    63 KB
  • WIN7ULTHTPC-PC.txt
    301.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Could you set MP to debug and use watchdog with first option and put in standby etc. and submit log :)

Mike Osborne

Portal Member
    January 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok, how do I put MP into debug mode. I couldn't find the settings to do that.
    In the meantime, I installed MS WinDbg and have attached the resulting command output.
    Thanks

Attachments

• windbg.TXT
      35.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, how do I put MP into debug mode. I couldn't find the settings to do that.
    The link from HomeY above... ;)
    To be more specific:
    1. Open the watchdog/debug tool (link in the Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder in your start menu).
    2. Take note of the location where the zip file will be saved.
    3. Use option 1 to start MediaPortal.
    4. Do whatever it is you have to do to cause the crash.
    5. Assuming the crash occurred, post/attach the zip file from your here.
    If you don't get a crash, it indicates the problem is possibly related to plugins... in which case please repeat the above instructions with option 2 instead of option 1.

Mike Osborne

Portal Member
    January 31, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok, setup debug and I have attached the file. I didn't see a zip file on my desktop though, but I did retrieve the log file from the Programdata folder. I will try the next option probably on Monday. My computer will be offline for a couple of days, so I will not be able to check.

On further testing, I made some more tweaks on MP Server Plugin. I turned off sleep control on Windows and used MP Powerschedule to force sleep control and reinitialized the video cards. 1 day plus running and no crashes as of yet. I'll keep testing.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So i assume you didn't use the WatchDog with option 1 then?

At least the log doesn't contain any errors, so that means it's probably not related to a plugin and your old settings might have caused it.
    Let us know when it happens again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom