System goes to Standby during Amazon Prime Playback (1 Viewer)

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi there,

When watching Amazon Prime with the OnlineVideos-Plugin, my system goes to standby after 20 minutes or so. I suspect it has to do with the fact that PrimeVideo is not rendered with the internal Player, but opens a Browser to render the video.

So after some research I tried to enter the Process "OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost" into PowerScheduler to prevent Standby. (Which was a pain to find the name of, since OnlineVideos won't let even the taskmanager get focus while playing a video, and the process is not running when it's not displaying a video :().
But this does not seem to work, the system still goes to standby. Is there any other Process that is started, when Amazon Prime is playing that I could try ?

I typed in the Process name manually, since the Process-Selector of PowerScheduler is not accessible while playing a video, and the process is not listed, when it's not running. Could this be the issue?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    You could try iexplore.exe, that's the one strarted by the browserhost to actually play the video.
    After some thinking I think this is not correct

Last edited:

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    That seems to do the trick. I played two episodes the past two days and both played to the end.

Thank You for the tip (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MediaPortal2-Buddy DE
    That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched flags and restore later.
    That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched...
    Hi. And here is another "Buddy"... Today's Buddy is "MediaPortal2-Buddy" (or short, MP2-Buddy), a tool to do some work around...
    Replies
    Views
    Regeszter: My server has no client running on it (i.e. dedicated and 'headless'), thus the problem with having _lastUserTime updated to prevent entering standby prematurely. Dev Group: Please consider the following patch for TvEngine3\TVLibrary\Plugins\PowerScheduler\PowerScheduler.cs in Mediaportal 1 Main branch. NOTES: 1) I didn't...
    Regeszter: My server has no client running on it (i.e. dedicated and 'headless'), thus the problem with having _lastUserTime...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.14.0 Description Dear Dev, I have a machine with TVServer installed and use the PowerScheduler to shutdown...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    THX - found it (actually a key I never use :)) - small issues when enteing the username you can't select "OK" via keyboard only. same goes for the password. The select graphic overlaps (the OK Button and Abbrechen - when you move teh mouse over them you will see)
    THX - found it (actually a key I never use :)) - small issues when enteing the username you can't select "OK" via keyboard only...
    MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release! After a long time of waiting we proudly present the latest version of MediaPortal 2. See the release...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom