[not reproducible] System input unresponsive after some time (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi GregS70

Is this with a Hauppauge or MC remote as well? I guess some kind of Hauppauge remote since I can see WinTV is or was installed. I wonder whether the recording notifications are somehow giving away MP's focus... meaning that the remote actions don't act on MP. That may also explain the keyboard but it doesn't explain the mouse. When you say that the mouse was locked up, do you mean it literally wouldn't move? Was the pointer visible? Did moving the mouse make the pointer visible?

mm

GregS70

Portal Member
    February 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not using any remote just yet. I've got a wireless keyboard and mouse that I quite like using... The mouse pointer is not visible, regardless of what I might do with the mouse. Keyboard input is ignored by MediaPortal, but Windows hotkeys still work, so I can Ctrl-Alt-Del to start up task manager. Usually when I do that, MediaPortal shows as "not responding", though video continues to play. Sometimes (rarely), MediaPortal suddenly comes alive again at this point and acts on all the keys I pressed. Sometimes, if I just ignore it, MediaPortal will react to my key clicks much later; sometimes while video is still playing, sometimes just when it ends. Sometimes, it will get to the end of whatever it was playing and freeze on the final frame, still ignoring any input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom