System.NullReferenceException TvControl.IController.get_Cards (2 Viewers)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have been trying to get 3 TBS 5880 to work simultanously (in conjunction with my FireDTV and Blackgold), I managed to get everything to work and then I restarted the computer and now I get a System.NullReferenceException and thus the TV-Service doesn't start nor does the Mediaportal client (it seems Powerscheduler is calling the tv-service during it's startup) and thus Mediaportal hangs at "Starting modules".

And, yes, I did use the TV-server in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tbs-ci-cam-support-and-other-improvements.103276/ and the below error is present in both that and the "normal" tv-server. The error below is from the standard server...

The error I get is this (pardon the swedish but it is the normal error messages):

[2013-11-10 14:51:12,600] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
Server stack trace:
vid TvService.TVController.get_Cards()
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
vid System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
vid TvControl.IController.get_Cards()
vid SetupTv.Startup.Main(String[] arguments)

I gues I have to reinstall the tv-server but I thought a dev might want to know about the error and perhaps add a catch somewere (in the unlikly anyone else happens to trigger the same behavior as I did).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which version of MP and TV Server are you running?
    My guess is that the exception was caused by using non-matching versions of TVLibrary.dll and/or TvService.exe.
    I'm not sure if you'll manage to get 3 x TBS5880 working with CI slots using that patch. Previously TBS only supported 1 instance per tuner model for CI slots. In other words, you could only have 1 x TBS5980, 1 x TBS5880 etc. That limitation is removed now, but I'm not sure if the patch was updated.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP1 patch is not updated for this, I didn't find a nice solution :(

I created a working patch for TVE 3.5 which is still pending.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Which version of MP and TV Server are you running?
    My guess is that the exception was caused by using non-matching versions of TVLibrary.dll and/or TvService.exe.
    I am using 1.5.0... so you might be correct when it comes to non-matching versions.
    Previously TBS only supported 1 instance per tuner model for CI slots
    Ah, that’s too bad… then I can only use them for FTA channels at this point…
    The MP1 patch is not updated for this, I didn't find a nice solution
    I created a working patch for TVE 3.5 which is still pending.
    Sounds promising, then I perhaps should try TVE 3.5… is there any way to give it a try? I couldn’t find a post with a link to something testable (but that might be due to my lack of googling skill).

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can compile it yourself from git or use MP2 Alpha 3 with native Tv.
    If you compile it yourself you also have to use the matching MP version which is still on MP 1.3.
    Also it has still some unfinished parts, so I would not recommend it to you in the current state :)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can compile it yourself from git or use MP2 Alpha 3 with native Tv.
    If you compile it yourself you also have to use the matching MP version which is still on MP 1.3.
    Also it has still some unfinished parts, so I would not recommend it to you in the current state :)

Ah, I'll have to try alpha 3 then...

My TBS card seems a bit unstable using the modified tv-server... earlier this evening it tuned to coded channels just fine but now when it is time to record something it fails... is that expected behavior or is there something I can do? Powercycling the card didn't help (and I can't restart the service due to another recording right now)...

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now I have an example. I restarted the HTPC when I got home and managed to tune to coded channels, like TV3 (both SD and HD) at [2013-11-12 17:34:17,064].

I tried again at around 20 inside MP and it hanged. I then started the TV-server config and tried to manually tune at [2013-11-12 20:10:32,575] but it failed and the app froze. I am using the modified tv-server as you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom