System stalls on some channels (1 Viewer)

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    After changing my hardware i have a problem i cant understand and have no clue how to solve...
    on turning on live tv for some channels my system stalls completely and i have to restart my computer in order to have access to the system again.
    A weird thing ist that i can view other channels without any problem. It is not related to HD or scrambled channels. Before the hangup of my system i can sometimes see a picture for a moment so the channel is already tuned...
    i cant find anything in the logs, but i doubt the critical moment is recorded...even if i start MP in windowed mode there is no way to get back to the desktop without restart.

My system specs:
    Multiseat with
    TV Server running WHS 2011 64bit
    tv cards digital devices octopus with 4 tuners and 2 cams
    there i can manually tune any channel without problems

Client
    Intel NUC 5i5RYH
    Intel onborad graphics HD 6000
    Latest BIOS, latest drivers
    8GB Ram
    Windows 8.1
    HDMI out into a LIGAWO splitter for Monitor and Epson Beamer

Logs attached, i hope someone can lead me to an improvement...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is this the kind of stall that you are referring to?
    [2015-04-01 00:52:47,662] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=ServusTV HD Oesterreich
    [2015-04-01 00:52:48,720] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - succeeded:confused:ucceeded TvControl.VirtualCard
    [2015-04-01 00:53:09,736] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - tvhome:startplay

If so, please disable the IPv6 protocol on both server and client network adaptors. It has been known to cause these sorts of delays in the past.

...but the system should not completely stall even with IPv6 enabled.

When you hard-reset the PC I see a long "[NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL]..." line at the end of the log. That seems to happen after:
    [2015-04-01 00:49:33,161] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: Render TsReader outputs

Perhaps you are not patient enough (waiting for IPv6 delay), or perhaps you have a problem with codecs and renderers (GPU and audio drivers, config etc.). It isn't possible for me to know, because I can't tell what time the system was reset.

If I were you I would disable IPv6 on the client and server, reboot both of them, then try again. If that hasn't solved the problem, I would ensure that I had the latest drivers (especially for GPU and audio) loaded on the client. I'd also temporarily disable all security software while testing.

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i want to thank you so much for your support mm1352000, the ipv6 thing improved the systems performance very much and also the time for switching channels is much better now...

Still there is a problem with some shows i am recording.
    ineterestingly im recording the commercials before the show and also the ones after the show itself but the show itself shows only a still frame. i suppose that the channel providers switches something at the beginning of the show which puts my tv cards on halt??? the channel is hd and scrambled but (ORF Austria) but should run fine with my keycard

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're very welcome! :)
    Did that change resolve the stalls?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Still there is a problem with some shows i am recording.
    ineterestingly im recording the commercials before the show and also the ones after the show itself but the show itself shows only a still frame. i suppose that the channel providers switches something at the beginning of the show which puts my tv cards on halt??? the channel is hd and scrambled but (ORF Austria) but should run fine with my keycard
    It could be a problem with your decryption configuration. If you'd like me to try to help then I'll need log files showing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom