[fixed] SystemStateMenu did not show in Build dev--04-24-2013--00-40 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    By trying the new Dev build I found that SystemStateMenu is only shown in config, not in Home menu. Copied the "old" plugin from previous build over there and all is working again. Can reproduce it 100%.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's not a bug. It has been removed from the menu in commit: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/89bfefd70127b5f1d02518135481f99d5b3f183e
    It can be readded by copying this file back to SystemStateMenu/Skin/default/workflow/systemstate-actions.xml

Some explanations:
    • The system state menu is also opened when the [Power] button input is received.
    • Using IRSS and IrInput plugin pressing the Power button on remote only sent the [Power] button to MP2, but did not suspended the machine immediately. The menu was displayed.
    • The problem using the MceRemoteReceiver it suspends the PC immediately (like pressing the power button on the your PC case).
    • In Titanium skin we added a new control below the regular menu to open the system state menu even via keyboard, mouse or remote without power button.

I am not sure what would be the best to solve this. Adding it back to the menu would fix default and Reflexion skin etc. but is there a a way to remove the item within Titanium skin only? @morpheus_xx

Another thing are the events for suspending or shutdown sent from the system, i.e. if the power button on the mce remote or the pc case has been pressed. It would be nice if MP2-Client would block the first time the event has been sent and open the system state menu. There the user could select the power state. If he presses the power button on remote or pc case again while the system state menu is open, MP2 does not block the system's request to shutdown / suspend.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Adding it back to the menu would fix default and Reflexion skin etc. but is there a a way to remove the item within Titanium skin only?
    Maybe by adding an option in Config to show menu in home or not? As I'm using Reflexion and MCE I can't access the menu at all...
    BTW iT would be great to configure if a plugin should be add to home menu or not. E.G. "Werkzeuge" I don't need there (for now at least)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe by adding an option in Config to show menu in home or not? As I'm using Reflexion and MCE I can't access the menu at all...
    BTW iT would be great to configure if a plugin should be add to home menu or not. E.G. "Werkzeuge" I don't need there (for now at least)
    The home menu is already highly configurable if you take a look at the file I linked above. All other items are added to the menu the same way.

But of course it would be nicely to configure the items, maybe in GUI, nevertheless this is not a high priority item on the todo list, as this needs to be properly without loosing any flexibility. Also the fact that the customization is already possible easily by editing the xml files allows us to focus on new features first ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should we add your new System Menu also to Default/Rising/Reflexion skins in place of the existing "power buttons" [<] [M] [X]" ?

We could leave only "back": [<] and a new "[P]" for Power menu in list of buttons (as it contains M-minimize and X-close)?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should we add your new System Menu also to Default/Rising/Reflexion skins in place of the existing "power buttons" [<] [M] [X]" ?

We could leave only "back": [<] and a new "[P]" for Power menu in list of buttons (as it contains M-minimize and X-close)?
    Right that was the plan initially :D totally forgot about these buttons.
    But even if we do this the button can not be reached by a remote, which has not Power button since these buttons are only visible if IsMouseUsed

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested and confirmed working nicely.

Power button within menu. Always visible, can be reached via keyboard & remote:
    Default / Reflexion / Rising
    20130428_001446.png 20130428_001340.png 20130428_001356.png

Power button during video playback in fullscreen, visible only if IsMouseUsed:
    Default / Reflexion / Rising
    20130428_001725.png20130428_001803.png 20130428_001831.png

Is it possible to use the source (PSD or whatever) of https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...itanium/Skin/Titanium/images/ShutdownIcon.png
    and create xaml code out of it? So it also could be reused within the small button instead of the [P] ?
    Or maybe using the existing icon (with or without) resizing in the other skins as well?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just merged the current version into dev. If we like to add a "shutdownicon" to all skins, we will open a new thread/mantis task later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom