Tag my .wav albums then batch convert to AAC (1 Viewer)

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
instead of artist use album artist at top level directory?

Can you show me what you mean thansk

Also what is album artist it is blank in my tags in mp tag that

THe artist is shown as the artist for a track how do we make the album name part of the tagging I am new so please show me example thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, it is always a good idea to have the AlbumArtist filled. THis is how we handle compilatioons within MP.
    Let's asume you have a Samler / Compilation named e.g. "Best of 2008".

Track1 is from "Artist1", Track" from "Artist2", etc.

so you tag ALL your tracks with an AlbumARtist of "Best of 2008" and have the artist tag filled with the real artist.
    Now when you convert / organise the tracks, use AlbumArtist as the top level folder selector and all your compilations will be kept together.
    in our case all tracks go into the folder "Best of 2008".

And within MediaPortal, they will appear correctly in the AlbumArtist view.

for single artist albums, you should place the name of the Artist in the AlbumArtist tag as well.
    Note: there is an option which fills the AlbumArtist tag with the Artist tag when empty.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    Thanks That makes sense will go thru and tag album artist for compilations and will I also need to do it for non compilations as when i convert I will will use
    \<O>\<B>\<K> - <A> - <T>

if I need to fill out album artist for everything and I see i can check auto fill it with artist....is their an easy way or will I need to go thru one at a time?:D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well one compilation at a time, i would say. select the folder with the compilation and press Ctrl+M enter the AlbumArtist and you're done.
    it is mandatory for compilations, since they will be cluttered without albumartist.

for single artist albums it is optional, as when importing them into the ediaPortal Database and we find an empty albumartist tag, we will use the value in the Artist tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom