TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (4 Viewers)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
OK, be good to hear what they have to say. I'm wondering if mine's faulty, one tuner refuses to tune certain channels.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Had a response:

Hi,
    Thanks for your information.
    Could you tell me that the "HD" channel is DVBS2 signal?
    Is the normal and fast channel DVBS signal?
    We have some reason on why locking DVBS2 signal be slow. The demodulator chip will scan the DVBS signal at first,then start to scan DVBS2 signal.So it look like DVBS2 signal will take more time for tune.
    I could try to improve the locking time,but if i reduce the lock time for DVBS,it will cause some weak signal can't be lock.
    It's really hard decision,we sold this product to world wide,not all people have strong signal just like European.
    I can give you some test driver next week.
    Thanks!

The above explains why ITV HD tunes fast as I believe it is still DVBS - BBC, CH4 are DVBS2 thus the slow changes, surely the data is in the transponder to just tell it to go straight in with DVBS2????

And why can't it tune faster for people with 85-90% signal :p

Anyhow - lets see how the test driver works when he sends it over to me.

DJBlu - I have attached 2.0.0.18 drivers if you want it, this tunes quicker for me as it stands atm (around 2 seconds faster)

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Interesting, ta. I'm not at home now for a few weeks but it seemed like mine was struggling to tune anything on the second tuner so I gave up, I may try it again when I'm back home - would appreciate a copy of new/test drivers.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Had a response:

Hi,
    Thanks for your information.
    Could you tell me that the "HD" channel is DVBS2 signal?
    Is the normal and fast channel DVBS signal?
    We have some reason on why locking DVBS2 signal be slow. The demodulator chip will scan the DVBS signal at first,then start to scan DVBS2 signal.So it look like DVBS2 signal will take more time for tune.
    I could try to improve the locking time,but if i reduce the lock time for DVBS,it will cause some weak signal can't be lock.
    It's really hard decision,we sold this product to world wide,not all people have strong signal just like European.
    I can give you some test driver next week.
    Thanks!

This is rubbish news.

Cheers for the driver.

Surely they can tell the chip to scan DVB-S2 first and visa versa should the driver request it.

Bit poor if you ask me.

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    onetoomany did you have any luck merging the custom data grabber with the V2.0 mod?

No - to do the merge I'm having to wait for DJblu to move his code into git. That way git does all the merging for me, especially given that they are both changing the same dlls (unless anyone knows of another way...)

Hominidae

February 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @m1352000

many thanks for fixing the Diseqc part in MP!!
    I just wanted to report that your fix is working fine with my TBS-6964 Quad Tuner Card and my Technsat Gigasystem 17/8 Switch ..all 4 satellite positions can be tuned without issues so far.

...keep up the good work! :D

best regards,

Hominidae

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi

I'm in receipt of the test driver - I sent to DJBlu to test as-well.

It seems to make the DVBS2 tune faster, whilst the DVBS tunes have increased their lock time.

With the new test driver I experienced a complete tune failure, mediaportal had a spinning logo for around a minute before it recovered into the guide and I could tune again. Didn't take note of the time so I'll re-test later and log the time of this.

Looking at logs - tune times appear to be quite fast - matching or beating the 2.0.0.18 driver times.

However when testing and switching driver, the 2.0.0.18 driver appeared to be faster when zapping - I'll double check this later with a stop watch :D .

Not sure if you have had time to confirm my results DJBlu?

Thanks
    Ian

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi

I'm in receipt of the test driver - I sent to DJBlu to test as-well.

It seems to make the DVBS2 tune faster, whilst the DVBS tunes have increased their lock time.

With the new test driver I experienced a complete tune failure, mediaportal had a spinning logo for around a minute before it recovered into the guide and I could tune again. Didn't take note of the time so I'll re-test later and log the time of this.

Looking at logs - tune times appear to be quite fast - matching or beating the 2.0.0.18 driver times.

However when testing and switching driver, the 2.0.0.18 driver appeared to be faster when zapping - I'll double check this later with a stop watch :D .

Not sure if you have had time to confirm my results DJBlu?

Thanks
    Ian

Looks like all they have done is flipped the priority of the DVB-S and DVB-S2

The timings are the same for DVB-S2 as they were for DVB-S

Bit shite if you ask me.

I'll get intouch and ask if they are able to let the driver be told which to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom