TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (3 Viewers)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Hi everyone

Many posts to catch up on! :D

@onetoomany:
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that my patch is not compatible with DJBlu's plugin for two reasons:
1. I have a fix in TsWriter that is required for getting TBS decryption working (DJBlu's TsWriter doesn't include the fix).
2. I think DJBlu has his own TVLibrary.dll too - that is the biggest issue.

Those are fundamental conflicts so I'm sorry to say that you're going to have to pick one patch or compile a combined patch for yourself (I don't have the time to provide or support a combined patch). My work is available on the "Turbosight" branch in Git so if you can get access to DJBlu's code and merge the two then you may be able to create the patch that you need. Ian (onelegend) is correct too. If you were to try my patch then you would need to use the TBS[1.0].zip as the 2.0 version is not compatible with MP 1.2.1.

I thought I'd try to take your advice on trying a merge - quite a few years since I've touched code ...
Anyway, I can't download your branch - I get this error from Tortoise when doing a git clone:

Cloning into 'C:\Downloads\MediaPortal\Compile\Branch\MM\Turbosight'...
fatal: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/Turbosight/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

The error is meaningless to me - is there anything else that you need to do to make your code public?

Thanks

R

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any ideas on the channel change times?

The only thing I can see it being is transponder details or tuning method as dvbviewer tunes nicely
    I could grab the transponder files from dvbviewer to test in mp if that would be a worthwhile test?

Thanks
    Ian

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi there onelegend

Did you do that test?

I've just got one of these cards and channel change times are really slow. Was wondering if you'd got anywhere with investigating this?

Jon.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Not yet, not got much time to play atm - I plan on doing the tests when I get home this evening.

I did run this test a few months ago though - testing dvbviewers transponder data within mediaportal and 7mc and it made no difference, this wasn't with the new patch files, thus worth a re-test.

I can't see it having an effect on channel changes tbh but I'll test and report any how :)

- dvblink for 7 media center also suffers slow channel changes with this card - very similar timings so I presume both are tuning these cards in a similar method.

I believe mm is in contact with TBS directly - so maybe they can share some inside info from dvbviewer as they have their own branch called tbsviewer. Everything in dvbviewer is fast - even when you open dvbviewer it tunes to the last watched channel, it is almost instant!.

Even if we can't match dvbviewer tuning times - shaving off 2-3 seconds is a massive improvement.

FYI hardware outside of the tuners has no effect on improving the tuning performance (switching to an ssd made a slight improvement but that would be expected I guess).

I elimated the cpu, gpu, motherboard, hdd - only thing left is the tuner itself ;)
    I went up to an i7-2600k

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    OK, thanks for the info. I think mine may not be as bad as I thought, it looks like I have some sort of issue with codecs on this client PC, I'll sort that out first. Channel changes on the server itself are OK.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    What sort of times are you getting?

First tune for me on a hd channel is around the 10 sec mark.

HD to HD on a different transponder is around 6 seconds.
    HD to HD on same transponder with the patch appears to be 3 seconds (although I can only test BBC HD to BBC ONE HD).

ITV HD tunes fast and is on a different transponder - so is a spanner to the above results, could do with others to confirm my results I guess.

I believe the best time we could get the HD to HD would be 3 seconds (the same as a sky box I add).

The time loss of 3 seconds appears to be in the put_TuneRequest function looking at my logs.

Dvbviewer logs show it's tune request is done in around 300ms or under - this (to my understanding) indicates the put_tuneRequest function should be able to do it in the same time frame.

Maybe post your logs as well from the 2.0 patch - even if all seems well.

Thanks
    Ian

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Interesting results

Mediaportal doesn't appear to accept ini transponder files but thought I would re visit dvbviewer.

Currently Dvbviewer is experiencing the same change times using the same scenario - using latest King of sat transponder list.

ITV HD fast as well as BBC HD to BBC One HD.

Switching to channels like channel 4 hd or going to any of the BBC HD channels from a different transponder and its slow - logs indicate almost identical tuning request times as seen in MP (3 seconds).

This wasn't the case before so It looks like it could be a TBS driver problem - I'll roll back drivers to what I was running before and re-confirm the dvbviewer times - I still have my logs from testing dvbviewer before and they were near instant changes.

Slow entry:
    26.01.12 18:17:02.732 DeviceSendDiSEqCCommand bvTurbosight
    26.01.12 18:17:05.643 TBDACITBSModule CI Base SetTuner Entering
    26.01.12 18:17:05.643 TBDACITBSModule CI Base SetTuner Leaving
    26.01.12 18:17:05.643 Settuner End

Fast entry - instant tune:
    6.01.12 18:17:39.807 TfrmMain Release TBS 6981 BDA DVBS/S2 A Tuner/Demod (1)
    26.01.12 18:17:39.807 TBDACITBSModule CI Base SetTuner Entering
    26.01.12 18:17:39.807 TBDACITBSModule CI Base SetTuner Leaving
    26.01.12 18:17:39.807 Settuner End

****UPDATE****

Driver 2.0.0.18 in mediaportal using your mod yields faster times

ITV 1 HD to BBC HD
    2012-01-26 19:01:08.170736 [(17)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest
    2012-01-26 19:01:09.389761 [(17)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest done calling put_TuneRequest

So just over 1 sec to tune as opposed to 3+

Will see how DVBViewer compares time wise with this driver.

Got any contacts in TBS to speak to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom