TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (3 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @andcar
    Before I even try with MP i test with TBS own sw DVB dream.
    ...and with DVB Dream did it work or not?

In general if you would like help then please provide full log files.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have two tbs cards of that model together with the Boxer cams and Boxer package. Mostly working fine with both SD and HD channels. Note that you need to apply the patch for tv server.

The cards are not fully stable. Sometimes I have to remove cams or restart pc to get then back.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    can anyone get the TBS-cards to work with encrypted DVB-T2 channels? My understanding is that it shall be supported. I have at least read that it shall work with TBS own TBSviewer application, which indicates to me that this is not a Mediaportal issue, but as you know so much...

I get unencrypted DVB-T/T2 to work. I get encrypted DVB-T to work. But encrypted DVB-T2 is not working, neither with the TBSviewer app (states no rights), nor with Mediaportal. I have a TBS5881 and use it with a Boxer subscription in Sweden.

EDIT: Forget about it, I just realized that I put in my old CAM (DVB-T only) instead of my DVB-T2 CI+ CAM. Stupid is the word...

Last edited:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use two of these for e.g. TV1,TV2,TV3,TV4,TV5 all in HD Boxer Sweden. I haven't tried TBSviewer app.

Maybe you need a new version of the Boxer card? I haven't upgraded mine but I read that some had to do that when Boxer changed to T2.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use two of these for e.g. TV1,TV2,TV3,TV4,TV5 all in HD Boxer Sweden. I haven't tried TBSviewer app.

Maybe you need a new version of the Boxer card? I haven't upgraded mine but I read that some had to do that when Boxer changed to T2.
    HI,
    I already have a DVBsky-card that works fine. The issue is definitely that I forgot that my second CAM (from my dear FloppyDTV that died, may it rest in peace) is not supporting CI+. Therefore it is not decrypting DVB-T2. I will test this as soon as I get home from work, but I am so sure about my mistake last night that I have already ordered a new CAM for 269 SEK (roughly €29) including delivery by mail.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So Boxer in Sweden is also using CI+ now?
    If yes, I respectfully remind you that you probably need a special CAM. There are currently no PC tuners with CI+ slots. My understanding is that only certain CAMs will work with CI+... and only when CI+ pairing is not used by the provider.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So Boxer in Sweden is also using CI+ now?
    If yes, I respectfully remind you that you probably need a special CAM. There are currently no PC tuners with CI+ slots. My understanding is that only certain CAMs will work with CI+... and only when CI+ pairing is not used by the provider.

Sorry for not being100% clear here. It is the CI+ capable CAM that is needed as it supports MPEG4 decryption (also needed for MPEG4 on DVB-T, not only for DVB-T2). I have one such CAM for my DVBsky-card already, but I totally forgot that such a CAM is needed when moving over my old CAM (from my FloppyDTV-card - R.I.P) to my new TBS5881 USB box. Boxer in Sweden are using functionality of the CAMs and the CAMs do support CI+, but the interface to the TV-card only uses CI functionality to be compatible with TV-sets etc. They don't want to have to handle different CAMs for different TV-sets depending on their capabilities. So as long as Boxer are supporting CAM insertion into TVs and there are enough of CI-only TV-sets out there I don't think they will start using the CI+ specific functionality of the CAMs (like pairing).

CI+ CAMs are backwards compatible with CI slots and their CAMs as long as you don't require CI+ functions to be used. And as it has turned out (at least in Sweden) only CI+ CAMs are sold with support for MPEG4 decoding/decryption.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    One need a new cam that support CI+ but Boxer haven't turned on CI+ pairing.

I also had several FloppyDTV cards with old CAMs and these CAMS didn't work in the TBS cards for the T2 HD channels. But the T2 HD channels worked when I bought the Boxer CI+ CAM.

Edit. You posted before me...

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    One need a new cam that support CI+ but Boxer haven't turned on CI+ pairing.

I also had several FloppyDTV cards with old CAMs and these CAMS didn't work in the TBS cards for the T2 HD channels. But the T2 HD channels worked when I bought the Boxer CI+ CAM.

Edit. You posted before me...
    Good to see that several people are quick on responding though!

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.

I'm about to buy a TBS6991SE card and are wondering if this will work out of the box with MP1 or if I have to use any patch?

If I have to use a patch I have two questions.

1. Where can I find that patch? (I know that I probably can find it somewhere in this thread but it's 69 pages long)

2. Why isn't this patch merged into MP1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom