TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I'm about to buy a TBS6991SE card and are wondering if this will work out of the box with MP1 or if I have to use any patch?
    You have to use the patch provided in this thread.

1. Where can I find that patch? (I know that I probably can find it somewhere in this thread but it's 69 pages long)
    Please simply read the first post. It tells you everything you need to know, including providing a link to the latest version of the patch (for MP 1.6 and newer).

morto

Portal Member
    January 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Great! I would suggest to add this information to the first post since i as a user returning to MP after some years came through this:
    1. Installed MP2 and figured out it is not working yet :eek:
    2. Installed MP 1.13 with patch "for versions after 1.6" and figured out it is not working :eek:
    3. After some struggling i found out i have to add to patch file TsWriter.ax o_O
    But finally it works again at least! (y)

WGMaker

March 17, 2016
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

Forgive me , but being completely blank wrt the tvserver and having problems getting the CI/CAM of a TBS 5980 to work , I failed to install the patch. My problem is that I seem to need TBSCIApi.dll in the tvserver folder. But that isn't there. I recently installed MP 1.13. Do I need to add this dll in some way? If so where to get it? The 1.6 patch only contains TVLibrary.dll
    quote .. Here is updated TVLibrary.dll for 1.5 and 1.6 including autocopy new TBSCIApi.dll as needed
    Also attach source.
    In this version only TBSCIApi.dll needs to be in the folder and it will automatically copy needed number of api dlls
    And also the above new tuner definitions is included ..
    end_quote

It would be very helpful if there is step by step instruction. Is there somewhere such a thing?[DOUBLEPOST=1458214873][/DOUBLEPOST]
    2. Installed MP 1.13 with patch "for versions after 1.6" and figured out it is not working :eek:
    3. After some struggling i found out i have to add to patch file TsWriter.ax o_O

Hi Morto, that sound hopefull! You managed to get I done. A few questions:
    - Do you have TBSCIApi.dll in your tvserver folder? (I think I need that, but it didn't come with the MP 1.13 installation)
    - That patch of TsWriter.ax, is that replacing the existing TsWriter.ax with another one? Where did you get that?

(Sorry I just started with the struggle yesterday)

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome WGMaker

As it says in the first post, the patch for MP 1.6 and later is here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ther-improvements.103276/page-51#post-1051247

It contains all the DLLs you need.
    You must apply the patch for MP 1.13, and again each time you update.

That patch of TsWriter.ax, is that replacing the existing TsWriter.ax with another one? Where did you get that?
    Patching of TsWriter is not required for MP 1.6 or newer.

Regards,
    mm

optimalt

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello, I hope this is the right place for this question. I have both a HDPVR2 and a TBS-tv card. Both require patches to work. Is there a patch that makes both devices work with the same tv-server? Best regards

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the same files need replacement: no unless you create one yourself

optimalt

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you for the reply!
    Yes the same files need replacing. Bad news for me I guess (I don't know how to create one myself).

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

I have no idea if these work. It was made by merging tbs and hdpvr2 branches. attach only pach and whole mp updaters. I'm no expert,
    so you can try them with your own resp. You should also copy needed external dll's, if there is one for hdpvr2. I know tbs common interface needs tbsciapi.dll. I have no idea what hdpvr needs, if any.

br,

Attachments

• tbs_hpvr2.zip
      256.3 KB
    • Release.zip
      146.7 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom