TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (3 Viewers)

optimalt

Portal Member
August 19, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Could not have worked better! Absolutly amazing - thank you so much!!!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, the next release contains the TBS patch
    It was made by merging tbs and hdpvr2 branches.

As requested by other devs who are involved in TV development I have excluded those 2 branches from the current MP2 Spring'16 release, so it's not contained by default.

But I provide them here as separate patch for download. Please use this version for MP2 only!

Attachments

• MP2_Spring16_TVE3_TBS_HDPVR.zip
      402.3 KB

andcar

Portal Member
    September 5, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Should TBS 6290 work with the patch for MP 1.x?
    I have one of those cards and have tried but not got it to work.
    I can see the channels in "preview" in the server configuration. But when trying to see them from the client it says "unknown error"

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @andcar
    Yes, the 6290 should work with the patch. If you can see the channels in "preview" then the tuner is working. The unknown errors are most likely caused by your TV codec settings. If you would like assistance, provide log files.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello guys, @mm1352000

On our wiki we state that TBS products do support diseqc motor. Since i am about to order a TBS6902 i wonder does it truly support a motorized dish? And i dont mean USALS i mean moving the dish to pre-stored positions.

Also some extra info would be great, such as:

1. How hot are these cards running?

2. How sensitive are the tuners? (during cloudy days/ raining etc.)

3. How fast (approximately or from ur experience compared to other cards) is the channel switching?

4. How they behave after a wake up from stand by?

P.S. i will be using the card with MP1

Thanx in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kotik

On our wiki we state that TBS products do support diseqc motor. Since i am about to order a TBS6902 i wonder does it truly support a motorized dish?
    You need to read carefully. We do not state that all TBS products have DiSEqC motor (or even DiSEqC switch) support - it is only the models listed in the far right column (...and I even have doubts about some of them; people who update the wiki don't seem to understand...! :( ).

TBS 6902 is not included in the far right column. Therefore it definitely will not support DiSEqC - motor or switch - with standard MP1.
    With the patch from this thread, generic DiSEqC commands should work. I cannot say (because I do not know) whether the card can supply enough power (current) to drive a motor.

Also some extra info would be great, such as...
    I can't answer any of these questions. I don't have 6902 or any other recent TBS satellite tuners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom