Technisat Skystar HD2 (1 Viewer)

David Marsh

July 23, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to get any signal with the
Technisat Skystar HD2

I'd originally installed the drivers off the CD on initial install but reading another post from 3 years ago on here it says to install the

4. The TechniSat SkyStar-2/Airstar-2/CableStar-2 cards when using WDM drivers.

Within the supported cards section.

My Question is how do I remove the drivers that are on it and install the WDM Drivers? as there was nothing picked up by windows trying to find drivers.

I am in the UK and trying to get Freesat through our Sky Dish.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello David

I've heard of a TechniSat SkyStar 2.
    I've heard of a TechniSat SkyStar S2.
    I've heard of a TechniSat SkyStar HD.
    I've heard of a TechniSat SkyStar HD2 PCI.
    I've heard of a TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD.

...but I've never heard of a Technisat SkyStar 2HD.

Please can you post a photo (or link to a photo) of the exact card you have so we can give you correct advice.
    The card you have determines which drivers you need to install - BDA or WDM - and where you should get them from.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem. :)

hopefully I'm allowed to post the ebay link as to where I bought it. I believe it is this one
    - SkyStar HD2: DVB-S/S2: A relabeled Twinhan/AzureWave AD-SP400. BDA driver only.
    Yep, that's perfect - thanks.

You should install the BDA driver for that tuner. The latest driver [from AzureWave/Twinhan] is available from here:
    http://www.dvbsupport.net/download/index.php?act=view&id=213

The original driver from the install CD should also work fine. If you want to update the driver you could try following these instructions (except select the SkyStar HD2 under "sound video and game controllers" instead of your GPU):
    http://www.addictivetips.com/window...-or-device-drivers-manually-in-windows-vista/

You should ensure that you've connected the external power connector to the SkyStar HD2. That's the white/translucent connector on the end of the card. Make sure you shut down and disconnect the power cable from your PC before attempting to connect that.

Also ensure you update the satellite transponder list before scanning. You do that by clicking "update satellite list" in the scanning section for the tuner:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/3_Scan_DVB-S

To scan for Freesat you want to select the 28.2E (Astra...) satellite.

If you continue to have problems, please post your TV Server log files:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files in that directory.
    4. Post/attach the zip file here.

I've assumed your satellite dish is pointed at the correct satellite, LNB and cabling are okay etc. etc. etc.

mm

David Marsh

July 23, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply, I have amended the post to help anyone else searching I will try this evening when I get home and see.

I have the additional Power connected and LNB ect should be fine as I have just cancelled sky and connected a basic freesat box up with no issue.

I will update tonight or tomorrow.

Many Thanks

David Marsh

July 23, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

Still nothing, I tried to update the drivers with the link provided but it said they were up to date.

I have attached the logs hopefully you can see something. I can only assume the card must be damaged.

Many Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried to update the drivers with the link provided but it said they were up to date.
    Ahhhh, I guess that is because the TechniSat drivers have a more specific ID. So, you'd have to uninstall the current driver before installing the new one.
    That can be done using the instructions here:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/246041/how_to_uninstall_drivers_in_windows.html

Still nothing...
    I have attached the logs hopefully you can see something. I can only assume the card must be damaged.
    Not so hasty. :)

It looks like there are 19 cases where the tuner successfully locks onto signal. However your signal strength/quality looks quite low:
    Scan: tuner locked:True signal:12 quality:73

Don't make the mistake of assuming that a PC tuner will be able to receive signal just because your Freesat box can (and vice versa). Some tuners require stronger/cleaner signal than others.

Are there any splits in the cable from the satellite dish - for example, to feed the signal to both your Freesat box and the PC card? ...or is the cable from the satellite dish connected directly to the PC card?
    Are you aware that you need to power off satellite equipment before connecting cables? You can cause damage to the equipment if you don't do that...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom