1.15.0 Technisat Skystar S2 not working since MP1.15 (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, you are totally right, and thanks for reporting the issue in first place.

The faulty branch remove the needed of dvblib.dll, this is why there isn't in normal 1.15 build :)
    The .pdb is for debugging purpose, so not needed when all is working correctly.

So yes just need to copy both dll to tvserver but TVLibrary.dll can be needed also in mediaportal root folder too :p.

Thanks for logs too and i can confirm that this will be part of next official release :)

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sebastiii,

i have just found annother Problem which might be rleated to the TVLibrary.dll in context with the Skystar2 using WDM Drivers.
    It is related to DVB-EPG and burt I think it might not be related to V1.15 only. I tried an downgrade to V1.14 and see the same behavior:

It seems that the tickmark "Grab EPG only for channels on the same Transponder" is ignorred using a Skystar2 with WDM dirvers.
    Only 4 channels should be grabbed, but 79 are grabbed. See log file TVServer.log line 312. This result in incomplete EPG data (only 2 entries)
    for lot of channels. Using the same EPG Setup with a different TV Card with BDA Drivers (Skystar HD2) works fine. I used that for years without problems.
    See logfile TVServer6.log line 1665.
    I tried all kind of different EPG Settings for the SkystarS2 (WDM Driver Card) without success. Many stations have only 2 entries, because if 79 stations with partial
    info (2 entries) are read already with the first Transponder, they will not read again with the correct Transponder.
    Any idea ? I assume if the tickmark "Grab EPG only for channels on the same Transponder" on the EPG page would be handled correctly it would work.
    For WDM Card, I don't see any Impact. For BDA Card there is Impact. Unticking for BDA-Card, result in the same wrong misbehavior.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Really strange and have no clue right now and not sure if i will able to help for this, i didn't much use EPG (except with webepg and xml file).
    On my own build i have added something to grab EPG for few second to just have current and next info directly (aka DVBViewer) but it doesn't works correctly.

On TVE3.5 currently in development but not ETA for now, there is a big rework for EPG :)

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi :)
    meanwhile I did some more trials and find also a workaround. I checked the behavior down to Version V1.12.
    It is all the same issue and it is full reproducable. So no issue with V1.15 only.
    The tickmark "Grab EPG only for channels on the same Transponder" has no Impact for B2C2 Cards like the Skystar S2 with WDM Drivers.
    Workaround is to tick additional "Always try to updated existing entries". May cost more CPU while grabbing, but ok.
    So no need for a fix, but neverthless seem to be a bug.
    DVB-EPG functionality and setup was always a little bit tricky and seem to be hardware dependent.
    Good to know that EPG will be reworked in TVE3.5. Looking forward curious to it.

Thx again for at least think about that topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom