TechnoTrend new driver 5.0.1.8 (1 Viewer)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested the brandnew driver 5.0.1.8 from TT with my 3200.
    I had to turn on the "Reinit service and tuners" feature from Powerscheduler plugin in TVS to make the tuner work when waking up from S3. This was not needed with the driver version before (5.0.0.19).

Anyone else with the same effect?

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Not really... I have been using the previous driver version [5.0.0.19] and have always had to turn on the "Reinit service and tuners" feature to get myTV to work after resuming from suspend.

Any good reasons to upgrade to the latest driver version?

Peter

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my system i didn't had to activate the reinit feature. It worked without.

I am not sure if the update improves something, i just tried it.
    I send a email to TT to get a driver history to see what they did... i will report if i get an answer.

settingsun

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    I think this driver update mainly addresses the Vista TV Pack update (fiji) which gives you dvb-s capability in vista media centre. I have Windows 7 Beta on a test partition which also has native support for HD TV. With the new driver MC7 works with my TT 3650ci. I have to say that the tv part is very very good - channel change is under a second even going from sdtv to hdtv and back!. Win7 also has it's own codecs which work very well. Seems solid as a rock. One problem though is TT MCE Tools which give you control over any cams you have is broken in Win7 so no access to my paid channels. As far as any other improvements in the driver I too would be interested to hear what TT say in their reply.
    cheers settingsun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom