Technotrend s2-3200 not functional after standby (3 Viewers)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got a first response from Technotrend today and they asked me to fill out a support form (please find it below).

I have filled out that form and sent it back. Waiting now for their response.

Please use this form (with your own configuration) when reporting your standby issue to Technotrend.

en5ads

Portal Member
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    HI,
    I can't either. Have you tried using a google translation?
    Anyhow, it sits in the system tray and seems to re-initialise the driver when coming out of suspend or hybernate.

Anthony

KlausKu

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    I use alos the TT 3200 Card, and i have alos problems after standby/hybernate with the TT driver! Same answer from TT!
    in the Moment i use only MP without TV-server, so it is easy the resolve this problem:
    I use a small programm, called "hibernate Trigger (http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/).
    This programm start a batch-programm before standby and start another batch-programm after standby!
    it is important before standby, to close MP (otherwise the BDA driver are in use and therefore cannot restartet after wakeup).
    So i have written two patch-programms:
    before standby: Kill (Close) MP
    after standby: i use devcon to restart the bda driver and thereafter start MP!
    That works fine, but only for MP standalone.
    For the TV-server it is neccecary to stop the TVServer-service before restart the bda-driver! i am loocking for a script , to do this job!

hopefully somebody have such a script/programm?

Klaus

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

have you tried the command "net stop tvservice"? Or "net start ..." to start the service again?

Cu
    Lars

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I did not get an answer yet from Technotrend after I sent the support form. I will follow up with them next week.

Regarding the restart of the BDA driver:
    I tried that earlier using the devcon command but Windows requested to restart Windows in order to take over the new setting (disable of the TV card).
    Was that because the TV server was still accessing the BDA driver?

Also, I think there have been bigger problems with TVE3 to stop the service. According to the changelog of MP there have been some improvements in the SVN from yesterday. So for testing, the SVN and TVE3 from yesterday should be used.

What would be the exact sequence to use with the "hibernate trigger" tools?

If I understood it correctly, it would be like that:
    1. before going to standby:
    - Close MP (command: kill mediaportal.exe)
    - Stop TV server (command: net stop tvservice)
    - Stop BDA driver of TV card (command: devcon deactivate <HW-ID>)

2. When returning from Standby:
    - Start the BDA driver of TV card
    - Start TV server again
    - Start MP again

Will that work until Technotrend will fix their driver?

I will try that later and report back. If anybody has some results, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andy

KlausKu

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Andy,

the only thing to take care of is , that the bda driver are not in use in the moment you restart the bda driver (e.g. devcon restart *1131).
    In the case of using TV-server you should stop the tv-service (net stop tvservice) before you restart the bda-driver! In the case i use MP without tvserver i close MP (kill mediaportal.exe) before i restart the bda driver!

So it should work:

Before Standby: Kill mediaportal.exe
    stop tvservice (net stop tvservice)

After Standby: restart bda driver (devcon restart *1131) 1131 = HW-ID of my TT Card!
    start Tvservice (net start tvservice)
    start Mediaportal.exe

Klaus

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Klaus,

your hint was great. It works! ;)
    However, I had to make some modifications because "devcon restart *1131" command did not work for me. Also I recognized that the devcon command should be used twice because sometimes only one of the two devices (capture and tuner) are processed. The HW ID (1131) is the same for me.

So here is the "recipe" how to get it work:
    1. Download the "hibernate trigger" tool from http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/
    2. Download the devcon package from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272
    3. Optional: Download the tool "wait" from http://www.bjoernhenke.de/frame.htm?/wait/index.de.htm
    4. Download the two batch files, attched to this post
    5. Install the hibernate trigger tool in any directory
    6. Copy the "devcon.exe" into the same directory
    7. Optional: Copy the "wait.exe" into the same directory
    8. Copy the two batchfiles into the same directory
    9. Edit the file "suspend.ini" in this directory as follows:
    Suspend=beforestandby.bat
    Resume=afterstandby.bat
    Minimize=YES
    10. Edit the two batch files and check if any path must be changed (e.g. if the HW ID must be changed or the wait commands to be deleted)
    Note: The HW ID can be checked in the Windows control center --> HW manager
    11. Add the hibernate trigger tool to the autostart folder of windows

The tool hibernate trigger will process the "beforestandby.bat" before the system enters standby and the batch file "afterstandby.bat" after the PC comes out of the standby mode.

For me that works!

However, please still contact Technotrend, if you have that standby issue with your technotrend card because the driver must be fixed.

Best regards,

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom