Technotrend s2-3200 not functional after standby (2 Viewers)

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
HI,
I can't either. Have you tried using a google translation?
Anyhow, it sits in the system tray and seems to re-initialise the driver when coming out of suspend or hybernate.

Anthony
I tried... was the first thing I tried but I don't know why google translator doesn't translate this page...

Thank you however

en5ads

Portal Member
January 21, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I just tried it and you're right it doesn't translate. But you can copy and paste the text and then translate, rather than the web page. This seems to work.

I don't know what more to say than I could not make my 3200 work out of hybernate. I installed this tool, and now it works. This was enough for me, but I agree with everyone that there is a problem with the drivers that should be corrected.

Anthony

probus

Portal Member
February 25, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have some problems with these scripts. The taskkill call doesn't kill mediaportal every time i put the system into standby. If I execute the script manually, mediaportal closes every time, but when I run the script using hibernate trigger it fails to close about every other time. I suspect that it doesn't have time to close down properly. I tried using timers with wait, but the problem is that mediaportal actually closes only after the whole script has gone through, ie if I put two lines in the beforestandby.bat:
taskkill /IM Mediaportal.exe
wait 10
it will print out success and then wait for ten seconds (great!) but close mediaportal after those ten seconds, when the script ends :mad:
So when the system wakes up there is still a mediaportal.exe running and that messes up the wake up procedure.. Anyone else having these problems? BTW I'm testing this first without tv server or anything else but plain mediaportal running.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All,

I have worked together with "scoop" (a MP developer) on that issue and we made some progress.

With the latest SVN, the TV server disconnects from the BDA driver before entering standby/hibernate. That solves the issue that the BDA driver crashes when going into standby and eliminates the need to stop the TV server before going into standby.

However, one major problem still persists: When teh PC resumes, the BDA driver seems to need a lot of time to initialize and the TV server connects too early to the BDA driver. This causes the BDA driver to crash and the TV will not work.

I hope that "scoop" can add some more delay to the TV server before it reconnects to the BDA driver after resuming from standby but until that works, I have a procedure that seems to work for now:

I have attached two new batch files for the tool HibernateTrigger:
    - beforestandby.bat: This batch file just ends the MP application
    - afterstandby.bat: This batch file stops the tv service after resuming from standby/hibernate, then restarts the BDA driver and finally restarts the tv service again

Please use these two files together with HibernateTrigger and make sure that you activate the new PowerScheduler TV server plugin in MP and TVE3. Also please check the box "re-init TV service after standby".

Then it should work for now.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Anthony,

no I haven't tried the tool WTVDevcon because I think it does not work with TVE3. The problem is that the TV server reconects immediately after resume to the BDA driver, which will in turn crash. I do not believe that this tool will help because as long as the TV service is connected to the BDA driver, you cannot restart it. That's why you have to end the TV server first and then restart the BDA driver and finally restart the TV server again.

However, I hope that "scoop" (the developer of the power scheduler plugin of the TV server) can finally solve this issue by delaying the reconnect of the TV server to the BDA driver after resume.

Have you tried the tool you mentioned with TV server?

en5ads

Portal Member
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Have you tried the tool you mentioned with TV server?
    >> Yes, and it seemed to work but this was prior to the power scheduler plugin, so I was not doing any resume from hibernate with mediaportal running (although the server would have been).
    If I get a chance I'll try it.

Anthony

MarkSS

Portal Member
    September 12, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    I have mentioned this before but don't know if anyone followed it up...

If you download the TT MCE tools and decompile ttMCEAutoDecoder using Reflector, you can find the following code:

private void SystemEvents_PowerModeChanged(object sender, PowerModeChangedEventArgs e)
    {
    switch (e.Mode)
    {
    case PowerModes.Resume:
    this.m_bCAM_Is_Ready = false;
    this.Dump("e.Mode -> PowerModes.Resume");
    m_uiHandle = bdaapiOpen(1, 0);
    bdaapiOpenCISlim(m_uiHandle, m_CiCb);
    return;

case PowerModes.Suspend:
    this.Dump("e.Mode -> PowerModes.Suspend");
    bdaapiCloseCI(m_uiHandle);
    bdaapiClose(m_uiHandle);
    this.m_iLastSID = 0;
    return;
    }
    this.Dump("e.Mode -> default reached");
    }

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This issue seems to effect all Technotrend cards -> You should change the topics name into sommin like this: "Technotrend Cards ain't working after Standby"

I own a Technotrend S-1500 and got exactly the same issue, also been trying to fix it with Michels help without success so far.
    Seeing that other tools make it work (admitted not the nice way but still there is a way) im not losing the hope that Michel is able to help us TT users out until TT brings out a decent driver.

This is what i tested:
    A reboot is done before each case.

1. Resuming from Standby not having watched TV before entering Standby; initialize Tuners after Resume off -> TV works

2. Resuming from Standby not having watched TV before entering Standby; initialize Tuners after Resume on -> TV works

3. Resuming from Standby having watched TV before entering Standby; initialize Tuners after Resume off -> Resume itself doesnt work (black screen, needs reboot)

4. Resuming from Standby having watched TV before entering Standby; initialize Tuners after Resume on -> TV does not work

So our goal is, make 1 & 3 (reinit off) or 2 & 4 (reinit on) work the same time, 1 & 3 won't until TT brings out a new driver. 2 & 4 might since there are tools that make it possible.

Regards, Muldini

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i'm still thinking could be something wrong in the MP implementation of stanby or imanagement of tv cards and IMHO is not completly a problem of TT drivers implementation because there's a TT implementation of cam utility that works after stanby in MCE. Say: technotrend have to give us new driver is something like put my head under the ground like a roadrunner. Unluckly i'm not a developer ..... then i'm not completly sure of this.

I have seen the TT cam utility for MCE permit descramble channel after stanby/hibernation. Then seems possible get TT working after stanby. The question is: HOW CAN DO THAT ?

here TT page with downloads
    http://www.technotrend.de/english/do.../download.html

and a piece take from it:
    "
    # TT_MCE_Tools.zip (26.06.2006) (2,2 MByte)
    driver package and solution for
    Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    for all TT-budget cards (DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T) also
    with Common Interface support;
    A new recording feature works better for decrypted channels. It is now possible to automatically decrypt channels after standby.
    Another new tool can automatically configure the DVB-T antenna power for the TV-Stick.
    please note the included installation guide (PDF)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom