[confirm] Technotrend Scrambled channel (1 Viewer)

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    So I just went ahead and tried. installed new driver 1.0.4.2 and run MP debug mde:
    1. tune to RTL4 (is subscription) -> no 'channel scrambled' but 'unable to build graph'
    2. tune to NED1 (is FTA) -> works
    3. tune to RTL5 (is subscription) -> same as 1.

Same result here.
    FTA channel works, subscription channel don't. :-/

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, just cross posted result in the dvbschop24.com support site. There is bount to be somebody who will see that MP has *huge* potential when addressed correctly ;)
    dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - TT CT3650 CI and MediaPortal - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

regards,
    Ruud.

Cool, quoting my own message ;)
    Just got notified on the dvbschop24 forum that a new version of the driver is available. This version is a response to the 'cannot build graph' message I posted, so.......
    bugger, I am still at work so I cannot test right away....

Anyway, the new version can be found here: dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - Windows 7 BETA Driver Connect incl. CI f. MCE - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

please report back here, I know i will ;)
    regards,
    Ruud.

please report back here, I know i will ;)

with this new 1.0.4.3 driver, still the same issue (on the surface anyway) then with the new 1.0.4.2 driver although there is a reaction of a win7 MCE user that this version rocks: fast channel switching, no more timing issues on the ci en no more BSOD's..... *** I want that to for MP :p ***

Posted my log over at the dvbshop24 forum.....dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - TT CT3650 CI and MediaPortal - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay,

just as an update, got a reply over at the DVB forum: dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - TT CT3650 CI and MediaPortal - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

Here's there answer:
    The driver is only for Mediacenter, as PayTV function is handled inside the driver itself. For Mediaportal they use the "standard BDA engine", so decryption will for sure fail. In this case please use the latest Vista drivers, which also work under Windows 7 (ok, they are not digitally signed, but "who cares"

and here's my reply:
    Hi,

thanks for your reply and for looking into this. I now understand that there is a change as to where decrypting of a scrambled channel is handled: it is now done inside the driver.

I have some follow up questions:
    1. I we (MediaPortal) are able to change the way decryption is handled (standard BDA engine), can we have an updated description of how this should be handled (SDK?).
    2. will there be a non-mce driver available?

As to your suggestion on using the latest vista driver, I can report that I have tried the following versions: 1.0.2.20, 1.0.3.8, 1.0.4.2, 1.0.4.3 which al do not work (and that is conformed by multiple users over at the MP community.

Thanks again for looking into this, and I hope you can answer my 2 questions
    regards,
    Ruud.

This does however shed some light on why decryption is not working and what the MCE version does...
    I hope that I have asked the correct questions, otherwise feel free to jump in ;)
    regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The driver is only for Mediacenter, as PayTV function is handled inside the driver itself. For Mediaportal they use the "standard BDA engine", so decryption will for sure fail. In this case please use the latest Vista drivers, which also work under Windows 7 (ok, they are not digitally signed, but "who cares"

@Riksmith and Morpheus_xx,

What I read here and how I interpret it is that they (TT) cannot change how MCE interacts with regards to descrambling so they handle the decrypting in the driver. This as how MediaPortal handles it now: in the TV Server.

So this could be a good change for us.... if we can make use of the new MCE driver, then decrypting would be less complicated in TV Server because this is then handled in the driver.... from a TV Server perspective it is all 'FTA'....

Is this correct?
    Can you eleborate from a technical point of view?
    What would be the impact of this for TV Server functionality?

thanks in advance,
    regards,
    Ruud.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Technotrend Scrambled channel

the current implementation is following:

we use the TT supplied API to:
    a) detect / open device
    b) send the current PMT to CAM to start descrambling
    c) attach to CI menu callbacks and actions.

while I implemented the CAM support for DigitalDevices, their drivers where also automatically decrypting the service, which was set inside the tune request. So probably the TT MCE driver are doing sth. similiar: starting to descramble the single service you tune to.

OR they implemented some of the IBDA_ interfaces vor CAM support, but I never seen such before.

This means:
    if TT can provide us a way how the "auto-descrambling" should work, we could try to adopt this behaviour. BUT at least we would loose CI menu cupport and probably are limited to 1 simultanous service decoding.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    update

Hi,

just a small update. via the dvbshop forum I have been introduced into the TT support organization.
    will follow up when something 'good' evolves from this ;)

Thanks JC and Zappza for backing me up over there ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    You're welcome :)
    If you are asked by the support to test something or give them some info and you need a hand, do not hesitate to ask. If I'm at home and have a few minutes (depends on the kids...), I would be glad to help!

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

just sent you a PM with a download location.

regards,
    Ruud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom