Tellstick Pause 2.0 (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey, I'd like support for the new MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. This is an essential plugin, I won't upgrade unless it's supported :) :D

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hey, I'd like support for the new MediaPortal 1.2 Beta. This is an essential plugin, I won't upgrade unless it's supported :) :D

I'm not going to continue working on this plugin any time soon...
    The new plugin - eventTrigger, replaces all the funcionality I needed from the old plugin for now.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I see, are you dropping support for only sending triggers after sunset and if video is x seconds long or will they be moved to eventTrigger?

On second thought I might be able to create my own sunset support by using the SunTracker plugin for EventGhost. Perhaps even better since it's got weather compensation :cool:
    But I'm not sure how to determine the video length based on events from eventTrigger. Without this function there will be lots of on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off on my lights when watching trailers :)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

Every time the same. The whole plugins and skins are unsupported by the new version 1.2.0. Sometimes i find it as the wrong strategy from media-portal-dev-team by changing so many things, that no plugin work from the past. Many plugin-devs or not so fast with the development.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Re: AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

Every time the same. The whole plugins and skins are unsupported by the new version 1.2.0. Sometimes i find it as the wrong strategy from media-portal-dev-team by changing so many things, that no plugin work from the past. Many plugin-devs or not so fast with the development.

I'm sorry for that.
    I decided to stop developing Tellstick Pause and to switch my smart home strategy to a different direction.
    My new idea is to have EventGhost in the center with:
    1) eventTrigger - the new plugin for MediaPortal I've been working on, responsible for creating events on MP activities.
    2) The rest of the functionality that'll be supported through a plugin for EventGhost that I'll write.

The advantage - control over Tellstick devices both inside and outside of MediaPortal, with no dependence in MediaPortal.

It'll be great, trust me...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Does this still work? Considering it doesn't work for 1.2, I'm guessing 1.3 is also out of the question.... :(
    (Not buying it unless it does....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom