Tellstick Pause 2.0 (1 Viewer)

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Is it possible to set it to dim to 10 on play and then 0 cuz it just shut right off atm and i want it to dim down the light

That is actually an excellent idea. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no free time on my hands these days.
As far as I see the development of Tellstick Pause plugin at the moment, it requires a complete rewrite. I tried to build it on top a previous plugin and the patch work has created many issues.

So I'm suspending the development for a few months, I'll get back to it as soon as I can...

gathering

Portal Member
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it possible to set it to dim to 10 on play and then 0 cuz it just shut right off atm and i want it to dim down the light

That is actually an excellent idea. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no free time on my hands these days.
As far as I see the development of Tellstick Pause plugin at the moment, it requires a complete rewrite. I tried to build it on top a previous plugin and the patch work has created many issues.

So I'm suspending the development for a few months, I'll get back to it as soon as I can...

Hi Moryoav,

I have used this plugin and think it's great. :)
Sorry to see you have put the project aside for a while but I hope you come back and have more time. :)
Right now I use switch king (Program för styrning av fjärrströmbrytare med Telldus Tellstick - Switch King) and my TellStick do not sit in the same computer as MediaPortal.
Have you plans to start over with a new plugin and perhaps including support for switch king?

Perhaps there is someone else who is interested in this and is willing to start over?

best regards
Martin

munklefish

Portal Pro
July 19, 2006
Re: AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

This looks really great!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a store for Germany, can you help me getting this USB TellStick??

:D

Take a look at the Telldus website. This link should open the list of suppliers for Germany. There are many more options than for purchasing in the UK.

Telldus Technologies

Thats a real shame mate. MP is really starting to come together these days and needs a solid Home Automation system to go with it.

I bought some Waveman gear a while back with the intention of buying a Tellstick and using this plugin. It sucks that MP doesnt have a proper automation system todate.

I have no experience of creating plugins but I am a .Net web developer and use C# for that. So perhaps I can help you develop this further????? Would really appreciate it if you could find the time to make this project as good as it deserves to be.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I found a bug in Tellstick Pause.

I've had one device added in Tellstick Center and configured in Tellstick Pause for a long time and working without issues. I then added a new device to Tellstick Center (I'll not use this from MediaPortal) and after that I started getting the following errors when starting TV recordings:
    Code:
    2011-01-13 21:49:41.706054 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at TellstickPauseProcess.TellstickPauseProcess.UpdateLevelBeforePlay()
       at TellstickPauseProcess.TellstickPauseProcess.OnVideoStarted(MediaType type, String s)
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.StartedHandler.Invoke(MediaType type, String filename)
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.OnStarted()
       at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile, MediaType type)
       at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.PlayRecording(Recording rec, Nullable`1 jumpTo)
       at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.PlayRecording(RecordingSummary rec, Nullable`1 jumpTo)
       at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.OnPlayRecording(Int32 iItem)
       at ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RecordedBase.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    Lights didn't go off or on and TV wouldn't be shown in fullscreen. After finding out that Tellstick Pause was the cause and configuring the second device in Tellstick Pause it works normally again :)

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Dear Tellstick Pause 2.0 Users...!

After a bit of a busy time in my life (New apartment, new baby...) I finally have some time to get back to work on the Mediaportal plugin for Tellstick.

First, I'm going to order myself quite a few Nexa receivers (I only had 1 working receiver, it was quite difficult to develop a plugin with such limited hardware...).

Second, I decided I'm going to create a completely new plugin. The old plugin had many problems caused by the fact that it was basically patches over a previous plugin (Wonderful work by MrMad that stopped working on it over a year ago).

Since the development will start from scratch, now would be a good time to plan the basics of it, and I would love your input and feedback here.

The old plugin had two different functions:
    1) Event-based control over the receivers - Dim/Turn Off/Turn On upon Play/Stop/Pause etc.
    2) Manual control over receivers using GUI inside MediaPortal.

What I started to think is that since many people (including MrMad) starting using EventGhost for function #1, perhaps this function shouldn't exist in the new version, and should just concentrate on the GUI of the manual control.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated...!:D

gathering

Portal Member
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

After a bit of a busy time in my life (New apartment, new baby...) I finally have some time to get back to work on the Mediaportal plugin for Tellstick.

First, I'm going to order myself quite a few Nexa receivers (I only had 1 working receiver, it was quite difficult to develop a plugin with such limited hardware...).

Second, I decided I'm going to create a completely new plugin. The old plugin had many problems caused by the fact that it was basically patches over a previous plugin (Wonderful work by MrMad that stopped working on it over a year ago).

Since the development will start from scratch, now would be a good time to plan the basics of it, and I would love your input and feedback here.

1) Event-based control over the receivers - Dim/Turn Off/Turn On upon Play/Stop/Pause etc.

What I started to think is that since many people (including MrMad) starting using EventGhost for function #1, perhaps this function shouldn't exist in the new version, and should just concentrate on the GUI of the manual control.

Hi Moryoav,

Nice to have you back. :) Have you looked on switch king? (Application for controlling remote power switches using Telldus Tellstick - Switch King)
    to see if your interested on writing a plugin for it?

best regards
    Martin

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

Hi Moryoav,

Nice to have you back. :) Have you looked on switch king? (Application for controlling remote power switches using Telldus Tellstick - Switch King)
    to see if your interested on writing a plugin for it?

best regards
    Martin

Hello Martin,
    I was thinking about it, but then what would be the advantages of writing some back-end to SwitchKing? Rather than interacting directly with the Telldus core?

gathering

Portal Member
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello,

I understand what you mean, but I think switchking is a more complete solution for the automated home.
    If it is possible that you may have a setting where you can manually add a paths to for example a .bat file to be run.

let's say you put on a movie and you have a manual setting where you can enter the path to what it should run;
    When you stop the movie there is a manual setting where you can point to another path.
    and so on..

Do know what I mean? I would really be grateful for that.
    Sorry for my bad english.

/ Martin

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hello,

I understand what you mean, but I think switchking is a more complete solution for the automated home.
    If it is possible that you may have a setting where you can manually add a paths to for example a .bat file to be run.

let's say you put on a movie and you have a manual setting where you can enter the path to what it should run;
    When you stop the movie there is a manual setting where you can point to another path.
    and so on..

Do know what I mean? I would really be grateful for that.
    Sorry for my bad english.

/ Martin

I just made the order for the wireless receivers at m.nu and once they arrive I'll install SwitchKing and take a closer look... we'll continue discussing this issue soon (or not so soon, depends on the post office... :)).

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I don't think #1 is possible from EventGhost since MediaPortal won't generate any events on Play/Stop/Pause so that's the only part I'm interested in :)
    #2 is always possible to do from EventGhost or other software.

And I second gatherings request of executing files in addition to control the Tellstick. It could be used to control the motorized curtains when starting a film :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom