Tellstick Pause 2.0 (3 Viewers)

gathering

Portal Member
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello,

I understand what you mean, but I think switchking is a more complete solution for the automated home.
If it is possible that you may have a setting where you can manually add a paths to for example a .bat file to be run.

let's say you put on a movie and you have a manual setting where you can enter the path to what it should run;
When you stop the movie there is a manual setting where you can point to another path.
and so on..

Do know what I mean? I would really be grateful for that.
Sorry for my bad english.

/ Martin

I just made the order for the wireless receivers at m.nu and once they arrive I'll install SwitchKing and take a closer look... we'll continue discussing this issue soon (or not so soon, depends on the post office... :)).

I would really appreciate it. :D in advance.

/ Martin

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Dear Tellstick Pause 2.0 Users...!

I don't think #1 is possible from EventGhost since MediaPortal won't generate any events on Play/Stop/Pause so that's the only part I'm interested in :)
#2 is always possible to do from EventGhost or other software.

And I second gatherings request of executing files in addition to control the Tellstick. It could be used to control the motorized curtains when starting a film :D

Vuego, how do you control the motorized curtains? What receiver do you use for that?:D

neorules

Portal Member
August 27, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It would be good to have a client server solution for us who do not have TellStick in the HTPC, but have a TellStick in another computer

Dahl

January 4, 2009
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It would be good to have a client server solution for us who do not have TellStick in the HTPC, but have a TellStick in another computer

Yes, that would be really nice, I'm also using my Tellstick in a server, and it would be really nice to get that to work with MP from the HTPC. If it's a standalone application or if it can be integrated with Switchking doesn't really mather.

I just found this, maybe it's easy to communicate via REST to the switchking server as the android-app does; seems to just be alot of http-gets to make that work: Tillgängliga REST-anrop - Switch King (in swedish unfortinally)

MartinV on this forum is one of the developers of switchking, maybe he can help also.

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Finally, I received all the Nexa receivers I ordered and installed all the relevant units in the appropriate places in my new home. (Shipping was very fast, it just took me a while to find the time to install everything. Perhaps I'll write a review about the different Nexa units at a different time).

I've been working these past few days to decide where exactly am I going with the development of this plugin, especially since I decided that I'm going to write something new from scratch now.

I once more went over all the existing 3rd party software for Tellstick to see what's out there and was again unsatisfied with the existing solutions. There are a few concepts I decided I need and want to have in a software;

• If using existing software - use as little softwares as possible. If what I want to achieve involves 5 different softwares, I'd much rather code something myself.
  • Compatible with Windows 7.
  • Allows controlling the receivers based on MediaPortal events (stop, pause, play, etc).
  • Allows controlling the receivers independent of MediaPortal as well. Sometimes I'm watching TV outside MP, sometimes the TV is even off, I still want to be able to control the lights using the remote control.
  • Following the previous one - I don't want to use an additional remote. I have one remote control (Logitech Harmony 650) and I'm not interested in having another one (for example, a Nexa remote).
  • Solution needs to allow online control through webserver of some sort, to control appliances when I'm away from home.

These are my requirements from the solution. I'm working on something new that'll incorporate all my requirements now, so stay tuned...

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm currently using EventGhost to do all of the above :)

EventGhost is compatible with Windows 7.
    Using your Tellstick Pause 2.0 for MP events :D
    EventGhost can control all Nexa lights when MP is not started.
    Using USB-UIRT for EventGhost I need only one remote to control MP, foobar2000, Nexa lights, ceiling fan speed and lights, amplifier on/off and volume, projector on/off and color mode. I can even reboot the modem if needed :)
    EventGhost supports control through a web server though I've never tried it.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I'm currently using EventGhost to do all of the above :)

EventGhost is compatible with Windows 7.
    Using your Tellstick Pause 2.0 for MP events :D
    EventGhost can control all Nexa lights when MP is not started.
    Using USB-UIRT for EventGhost I need only one remote to control MP, foobar2000, Nexa lights, ceiling fan speed and lights, amplifier on/off and volume, projector on/off and color mode. I can even reboot the modem if needed :)
    EventGhost supports control through a web server though I've never tried it.

Vuego, this is exactly the conclusion that I reached. EventGhost will play a major role in the solution I'm working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom