Temperatures in Home Screen (1 Viewer)

LennyW

Portal Pro
July 19, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I would like to have the CPU and board temperature on my home screen. I tried Speedfan and HTPCInfos but I get every information except the sensor values. :cry:
I only need 2 temperatures,
Is there a way to do this?

Best regards
LennyW

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Edit the skin.

But I would start with getting it work with HTPCInfo, since this plugin is made for presenting this information to you.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately you have to edit your skin xml so the property names given by Speedfan coincide with the property names in the skin xml ;)
    As every PC give different property names, it is not possible to put generic names into the skin ;)

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay! I can only try based on the documentation of HTPCinfo, because I have no clue how xml files work. I will hopefully find some time on Friday.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ...based on the documentation of HTPCinfo, because I have no clue how xml files work
    As I said before, I recommend you to get it work with HTPCinfo, before starting to mix with the skin. Since there are quite good guides to get the HTPCinfo to work...

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I understand catavolt correctly, I also need modify the skin for HTPCinfo to see the sensor values. Is this correct?

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I also need modify the skin for HTPCinfo to see the sensor values. Is this correct?
    No you don't need to tamper with the HTPCinfo skin.... you only need to get the right values in the HTPCinfo plugin, from your're sensor application (Speedfan). That should be enough...

If you can't get it to work, drop a question with logs in the HTPCinfo plugin forum for help.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, not quite right ;)
    In the skin there is a control for the temperature sensors like this one:
    XML:
    <control>
            <description>Temperature Sensors Value</description>
            <type>label</type>
            <id>1</id>
            <posX>548</posX>
            <posY>794</posY>
            <font>font11</font>
            <label>GPU: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureGPU / PC: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureSystem / CPU1: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU1 / CPU2: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU2 / CPU3: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU3 / CPU4: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU4 / HDD: #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureTemperaturHDD0</label>
            <textcolor>ivory</textcolor>
          </control>
    The letters after the property #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature define the name of the sensors used in HTPCInfo. These letters MUST coincide with the letters shown in Speedfan.
    So if in Speedfan the temperature sensor for the GFX card is e.g. GFX, you have to change the value in the xml from #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureGPU to #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureGFX.
    This is only an excample - you have to adapt the relevant values to the values given in Speedfan.
    These values should be found in HTPCInfoOverview.xml. If you find them working there, you may use the same control on your BasicHome/Home screen ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom