Tempest EPG Generator (3 Viewers)

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, PN23.

SD-xml is their old traditional service and still being used actively due to easy access support for old end devices/grabbers. To use json service, you need a grabber which supports post/put/delete request methods for different operations. Also json service gives 20days of data. Tempest able to do these sync requests for json service and I more or less have a template in my mind about grabbing and channel creation. But currently I definately dont suggest you to make any try with Tempest since they may notice that request done with an unapproved application and they may terminate your subscription as stated in their user aggrement. I will officially apply them for application approval within this week and if I can get approval (I hope since only criteria is having a non-profit tool like Tempest), I will release an upgrade(rv1.3.2) for sha1 hashing which is needed for json login.

I dont know which countries/regions you need but during waiting you may try some recently added N.America siteconfigs such as USA and Canada which supports all the regions with thousands of channels and more may be generated with explanied zip/postal/region code methode in my github repo.

Edit:
And with my new page; :)

Thanks for the update.

I forgot to say earlier, I could not get the newer version (20191022) of the JSON API to authenticate so have been using the older stable version (20141201) which has been no problem to authenticate and generate a token.

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Thanks for the update.

I forgot to say earlier, I could not get the newer version (20191022) of the JSON API to authenticate so have been using the older stable version (20141201) which has been no problem to authenticate and generate a token.
Ah, so you are already in Json api. I couldnt find documentation regarding api 20191022 but there is a post in sd forum from 1 of staff member as "this api is temproraly shutdown for some improvements" on summer of 2021. Also their references are for API20141201 so I guess that new api not yet activated for usage.

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
Ah, so you are already in Json api. I couldnt find documentation regarding api 20191022 but there is a post in sd forum from 1 of staff member as "this api is temproraly shutdown for some improvements" on summer of 2021. Also their references are for API20141201 so I guess that new api not yet activated for usage.
The documentation for the newer API is available here for your records, but as you say, it appears to currently not be functional.

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
The documentation for the newer API is available here for your records, but as you say, it appears to currently not be functional.
Hi PN23;

Sorry for late reply. It was a day from hell..Yes I also found documentation but it is giving error response to all requests currently. But except a few changes in source, many things are looking same except api url change so when activated still will be supported by Tempest.

Good news is Tempest is approved by SchedulesDirect this morning. So it is completely safe to use as of today. I prepared a siteconfig file but it is blindly done as per their instructions in github since I dont have an account. If you are interested to test, I may happily share with you :)

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
Hi PN23;

Sorry for late reply. It was a day from hell..Yes I also found documentation but it is giving error response to all requests currently. But except a few changes in source, many things are looking same except api url change so when activated still will be supported by Tempest.

Good news is Tempest is approved by SchedulesDirect this morning. So it is completely safe to use as of today. I prepared a siteconfig file but it is blindly done as per their instructions in github since I dont have an account. If you are interested to test, I may happily share with you :)
Sure, I'll give it a go!

I have my account and lineups configured through JSON now - each account is allowed 4 lineups and I use all 4 of them.

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Sure, I'll give it a go!

I have my account and lineups configured through JSON now - each account is allowed 4 lineups and I use all 4 of them.
Great to hear. I tried to set it to create 1 master channel list for all of your set line-ups. So you dont need to try anything special. If everything works correct, you will have channel list for all available channels of your 4 set line-up. Then you can try grabbing after adding your channels to a new config.

The only important thing is password hashing. Today I couldnt find time to finish sha1 hashing command. Actually i will set an adjustable hash command so hoping to release v1.3.2 on Monday. Till that time you have to convert your password to sha1 hash manually. There are some online websites for sha1 hashing. Extact to zip file inside your site_config folder. It is unlocked siteconfig file so you can modify and debug anything as you want. After putting file go to "Siteconfig Editor" and choose schedule direct config. In the post data box of first urls on "Page Options" and "Channel Page Options" tabs, you will see "##username##" and "##password##" words. You should replace your user name with the first one and sha1 hash of your password with the second one as attached photos. Please do not share your modified config while your credentials are inside. I hope all will work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-194838_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-194838_Chrome.jpg
    530 KB
  • Screenshot_20220217-194818_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-194818_Chrome.jpg
    392.5 KB

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
Great to hear. I tried to set it to create 1 master channel list for all of your set line-ups. So you dont need to try anything special. If everything works correct, you will have channel list for all available channels of your 4 set line-up. Then you can try grabbing after adding your channels to a new config.

The only important thing is password hashing. Today I couldnt find time to finish sha1 hashing command. Actually i will set an adjustable hash command so hoping to release v1.3.2 on Monday. Till that time you have to convert your password to sha1 hash manually. There are some online websites for sha1 hashing. Extact to zip file inside your site_config folder. It is unlocked siteconfig file so you can modify and debug anything as you want. After putting file go to "Siteconfig Editor" and choose schedule direct config. In the post data box of first urls on "Page Options" and "Channel Page Options" tabs, you will see "##username##" and "##password##" words. You should replace your user name with the first one and sha1 hash of your password with the second one as attached photos. Please do not share your modified config while your credentials are inside. I hope all will work.
Thanks Kvanc,

Have added my details.

I take it I need to use the channel generator to create the channel list first before using the configurator to create a new grabber?

I have tried using that just now but it says no channel block found.

Do I need to enter anything in the user key box?

My authentication details are correct as I have been using the same ones in postman for testing.

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Thanks Kvanc,

Have added my details.

I take it I need to use the channel generator to create the channel list first before using the configurator to create a new grabber?

I have tried using that just now but it says no channel block found.

Do I need to enter anything in the user key box?

My authentication details are correct as I have been using the same ones in postman for testing.
Yes, first you need to create channel list and no nothing else is needed. Channel block error means it reached the channel parsing stage but failed. Most probably their structure abit different then how it looks in instruction pages. You can try to debug what data is responsed. Please go to "Siteconfig Debugger" and tick "Channel url debugger" and "Channel grabber debugger" options on channel page options tab then choose schedulesdirect on "Launch Debugger" tab. When you click debug button, you will see called urls, their responses and grabber which should catch your authentication token. Please again dont share page response since debugger will contain your credentials. I just want to know if all ok in url side

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
Yes, first you need to create channel list and no nothing else is needed. Channel block error means it reached the channel parsing stage but failed. Most probably their structure abit different then how it looks in instruction pages. You can try to debug what data is responsed. Please go to "Siteconfig Debugger" and tick "Channel url debugger" and "Channel grabber debugger" options on channel page options tab then choose schedulesdirect on "Launch Debugger" tab. When you click debug button, you will see called urls, their responses and grabber which should catch your authentication token. Please again dont share page response since debugger will contain your credentials. I just want to know if all ok in url side
Hi Kvanc,

Sorry, I got called away last night and couldn't run the siteconfig through the debugger.

I have done so now and PM'd you the output.

Cheers,

PN23

kvanc

Portal Member
February 4, 2022
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hi Kvanc,

Sorry, I got called away last night and couldn't run the siteconfig through the debugger.

I have done so now and PM'd you the output.

Cheers,

PN23
Thanks PN23.

I have checked debug results and seems I have to sanitize some backslahes on server response. I have attached the new file which should do the trick. Could you please try again same as previous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom