Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT still not working (1 Viewer)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Today they turned off my analog tv-broadcasts so now I am in the DVB-T world completly.

In TV-settings I can add the Terratec 2400i tuner 1 and 2 but get the message "Can not create graph".

Is there anything I can do to get the card working with MP?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Whereabouts has Analog TV been turned off completely?

Here in Australia I think it was originally meant to happen this year, but our DTV is pretty crap (each channel transmits four or so streams, but each one is simply the same as the other. They repeat the same thing on four channels). This is because the Government didn't want DTV to compete with Cable TV. As a result, DTV take up has been so slow that the date for Analog turn off is meant to be 2008 but there is talk that this will be extended again for sure.

Sorry for the off topic nature of this, but I'm simply wondering where you live, J-B-N.

Jag

February 28, 2006
    Denmark
    My Terratec 2400i card is finally working in MP!

I made my own definitions for the 2400i card and suddenly the 2400i card was working in MP :D

The message "Can not create graph" does not occur anymore :D and I can now watch DVB-T channels in MP :D

I found out that the reason why my "home-made" definitions worked is that in my definitions the devid parameter ends with "&capture".

The definition for Terratec 2400i in my CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file now looks like this (only devid parameters have been changed):

<capturecard commercialname="Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner 1" capturename="Cinergy 2400i DT Capture 1" devid="ven_18c3&amp;dev_0720&amp;subsys_1167153b&amp;rev_00&amp;capture">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner 1" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="Cinergy 2400i DT Capture 1" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner 2" capturename="Cinergy 2400i DT Capture 2" devid="ven_18c3&amp;dev_0720&amp;subsys_1167153b&amp;rev_00&amp;capture">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Cinergy 2400i DT Tuner 2" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="Cinergy 2400i DT Capture 2" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

If this is confirmed to work for others than me :) then maybe DMAN will add the fix in CVS ?

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Marcusb said:
    Whereabouts has Analog TV been turned off completely?

Sorry for the off topic nature of this, but I'm simply wondering where you live, J-B-N.

I live in Sweden a region called Östergötland, and we have three main antennastations, the first turned digital in november and the last two yesterday. In Sweden the entire country will have digital tv only by 1 februari 2008.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Jag said:
    My Terratec 2400i card is finally working in MP!

I made my own definitions for the 2400i card and suddenly the 2400i card was working in MP :D

The message "Can not create graph" does not occur anymore :D and I can now watch DVB-T channels in MP :D

I found out that the reason why my "home-made" definitions worked is that in my definitions the devid parameter ends with "&amp;capture".

If this is confirmed to work for others than me :) then maybe DMAN will add the fix in CVS ?

I can confirm that I got past the create graph, and that the card tuned. But when I tried to use the card to watch TV I got no signal, so I need the experiment further. But that will have to wait until after work...

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wow! scray stuff - thats very odd indeed.

CVS updated - it will show up in the next build.

DMAN

Enton

June 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have still problems running this card whit MP. It dosent even get found by MP.

Plx help me!!

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    We need a bit more information. I am currently running the TV server (TVE3) and everything works very nice (except for the fact the card is sensitive to the antenna). Before I switched to the tv server it worked in the old tv engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom