Test Installer that failed registering the filter (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since there were many people having the problem after installing OnlineVideos 1.0 that our new directshow filter was not registered, I changed the method how it is registered in the MPEI installer script. But I need you guys to test this new method and tell me if it now works. Please reply in this thread if you had the problem described above, I'll send you a link to a new installer for testing.

What you need to do in order to correctly test this
    1. Manually unregister MPUrlSource.ax in the MPUrlSource folder below the MediaPortal install dir. (Either bei calling regsvr32 /u MPUrlSource.ax on the command line, or opening GraphStudio->Graph->Insert Filter...->select "MediaPortal Url Source Filter"->press Unregister on the right side).

2. Install OnlineVideos using the new Installer I gave you. Leave the MPUrlSource group checked!

3. After installing confirm that the filter is installed by reopening GraphStudio and finding "MediaPortal Url Source Filter" in the list of filter (see 1.) If you don't have GraphStudio, try to play a few video with Onlinevideos and check for the error.log saying the filter can't be found.

4. Reply if installation was successfull or not.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Since there were many people having the problem after installing OnlineVideos 1.0 that our new directshow filter was not registered, I changed the method how it is registered in the MPEI installer script. But I need you guys to test this new method and tell me if it now works. Please reply in this thread if you had the problem described above, I'll send you a link to a new installer for testing.

What you need to do in order to correctly test this
    1. Manually unregister MPUrlSource.ax in the MPUrlSource folder below the MediaPortal install dir. (Either bei calling regsvr32 /u MPUrlSource.ax on the command line, or opening GraphStudio->Graph->Insert Filter...->select "MediaPortal Url Source Filter"->press Unregister on the right side).

2. Install OnlineVideos using the new Installer I gave you. Leave the MPUrlSource group checked!

3. After installing confirm that the filter is installed by reopening GraphStudio and finding "MediaPortal Url Source Filter" in the list of filter (see 1.) If you don't have GraphStudio, try to play a few video with Onlinevideos and check for the error.log saying the filter can't be found.

4. Reply if installation was successfull or not.
    I got as far as step 1. Where do I get the new installer for step 2? Your commit to subversion to try the new filter registration was done on Jan 5th. I must have missed something as I don't see an updated installer here or anywhere else.:D

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would give you that link via PrivateMessage ;) Did you have the filter registration problem on you install? Otherwise the test won't make to much sense.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would give you that link via PrivateMessage ;) Did you have the filter registration problem on you install? Otherwise the test won't make to much sense.
    Okay, that's much clearer now. But, alas I didn't have the registration problem originally during the install. Do you still want to continue?:(

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No I'm actually waiting for those people with the excat problem to jump in here!

fabiolav

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Napoli
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Finally I found the solution. The mpei installer runs a script at the end of the installation process that requires admin rights. But it doesn't register MPurlSource.ax filter. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin too many times without success. The solution is to unregister and re-register the MPurlSource.ax filter manually from command line.
    If you want to send me the link for the new test installer I Will try it. My operating System is winxp pro and MP 1.2.2.

Inviato dal mio HTC Wildfire usando Tapatalk

fabiolav

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Napoli
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    This shows the problem i've described

Attachments

• installing online videos 1.0.0.0.JPG
      installing online videos 1.0.0.0.JPG
      84.8 KB
    • testing codecs in official version 1.0.0.0 before register mpurlsource.ax.JPG
      testing codecs in official version 1.0.0.0 before register mpurlsource.ax.JPG
      77.7 KB

fabiolav

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Napoli
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've tested new installer 1.1.0.0. I followed these steps:
    1) Uninstalled version 1.0.0.0 and lav filters.
    2) Reboot the system
    3) Deleted folder Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPUrlSource
    4) installed new test version 1.1.0.0 (it was not checked LAV Filters, I checked it!)
    5) Everything works fine!

The problem of registering MPurlSource.ax doesn't exist anymore.

One problem testing wmv file in onlinevideos configurator (see Attachments). With the 1.0.0.0 worked

Attachments

• testing codecs in test version 1.1.0.jpg
      testing codecs in test version 1.1.0.jpg
      87.6 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for testing! The important part of the testing procedure is this:

because simply deleting the folder or file is not enough - because the registration will live after that and when the file is put there after install, all is fine.
    So my question is: Did you manually unregister the filter?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I had this problem on my XP box, and had to register the filter manually. Happy to test the new installer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom