Test Installer that failed registering the filter (1 Viewer)

fabiolav

Portal Member
May 26, 2008
Napoli
Home Country
Italy Italy
Thank you for testing! The important part of the testing procedure is this:

1. Manually unregister MPUrlSource.ax in the MPUrlSource folder below the MediaPortal install dir. (Either bei calling regsvr32 /u MPUrlSource.ax on the command line, or opening GraphStudio->Graph->Insert Filter...->select "MediaPortal Url Source Filter"->press Unregister on the right side).

because simply deleting the folder or file is not enough - because the registration will live after that and when the file is put there after install, all is fine.
So my question is: Did you manually unregister the filter?

Ok, I've done it again unregistering the MPUrlSource.ax filter, removing the plugin, checking the absence of filter with Graphstudio, resetting pc and reinstalling plugin with LAV filters.
Everything works except for wmv files.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much for confirming the installer fix! Sounds like this way should work better, so the next OnlineVideos version will be less hassle.
    The wmv Problem might be related to some other codec problem on your PC - we should not hijack this thread with it ;)

fabiolav

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Napoli
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you very much for confirming the installer fix! Sounds like this way should work better, so the next OnlineVideos version will be less hassle.
    The wmv Problem might be related to some other codec problem on your PC - we should not hijack this thread with it ;)

Strange, I've come back to v 1.0.0.0 and it works again as you can see. MP URL filter is the same of the old version?
    There 's something that locks windows media filter.

Attachments

• testing codecs in version 1.0.0.0.JPG
      testing codecs in version 1.0.0.0.JPG
      89.4 KB

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    The new installer seems to work for me. I uninstalled the filter using graphstudio, installed onlinevideos with the installer, and checked that the filter had installed both with graphstudio and by playing a video with onlinevideos. Keep up the good work!

dexaroni

Portal Member
    January 18, 2012
    South Dakota
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been having a similar issue where I am getting a "nourl" error on many videos. I tried to manually register the filter but that has not resolved the issue. Do you think this could be a filter issue or is there something I am missing? I can try the installer if you would like, I am at work currently but I could post logs when I get home.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The new installer will only give me info if the registering is now working. Your issue is something else, so you should post logs in a new thread.

Pietertje

Portal Member
    November 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have problems with onlinevideos on my system HP m7680.nl-a Mediacenter (XPProSp3). My contact Doskabouter within this (dutch) forum now suggests I turn to you for help. I checked with GraphStudio for the MPUrlSource filter. It's not present. I also tried to install FLV player but I get the message "Unable to initialize installer GUI" Can you help me out with the new installer if that might solve my problem? Pls note I am a relatively newcomer to MediaPortal so don't make it to technical for the moment.
    Appreciate your help.

Pietertje

Portal Member
    November 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have installed your latest filter. I checked with GrapfStudio and the MPurlsource filter is listed. Is that the end of the action or is there more, as I said I am new to these matters. By the way, when I am trying to install FLVplayer I still get the message: Unable to initialize installer GUI. What is the meaning of this and has it anything to do with the operation of MP and most importantly how can I solve this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom