Test the new API-version (2 Viewers)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    After a much longer upgrade path than I had hoped for (mainly because I didn't have as much time as I wanted to) I have just commited the first binary to SVN.

This uses the new online-api, in a few weeks the old version will seize to functions (at least the online part) so I encourage experienced users to test this and provide feedback so we can get a stable version out soon.

As always BACKUP your DB!

Along with the big thing (new API) there are also a few minor changes/improvement, these are (from what I can remember):
    - Rating of episodes/series with option to automatically ask to rate after watching (requires thetvdb.com user id to sync online)
    - Custom Fieldformatting (see Wiki)
    - Current View field no longer just shows view-name but complete hierarchy (skin authors beware that this may require slight modification)
    - option to show pop-up with views instead of switching immediatly between views by pressing left/right
    - for readability Loglevel Debug now excludes verbose SQL commands, use Debug+SQL if full verbosity is needed

- some new translatable strings, please provide xmls in you're language (including english):
    RateSeries = "Rate this Series"
    RateEpisode = "Rate this Episode"
    ResetRating = "Reset Rating"
    AskToRate = "Ask me to rate unrated episodes"
    DontAskToRate = "Don't ask me to rate again"
    RatingStar = "Star"
    RatingStars = "Stars"
    ChangeView = "Change View"
    ChangeViewFast = "Immediatly Change Views"

Some more notes:
    - If you had explicitely set an onlinelanguage in the old version (and you use you're existing db) you may have to switch online-languages and back to you're selection if you get 404 errors
    - the config window does not show you're selected online language unless you open the drop-down menu and thus trigger a query online, this is normal and done to save an online-query and does not mean that you're selection is not remembered.
    - The new version should have full UTF8 compatibility, if you find something odd first make sure the data is correct in the onlinedb.
    - Resuming of partially watched episodes may not work (I just can't figure out why)

This build has more verbose logging even in normal-log settings than the stable version will have, also some log-messages may be...frankly....incorrect or at best misleading, I didn't spend any time cleaning it up.

Edit: Also I forgot to reenable mediainfo parsing in this build, this means that file info won't be picked up automatically.

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Inker said:
    Known problems:
    Resuming of episodes doesn't work (throws exception - appears to user to simply not play episodes)
    banners do not get updated (only downloaded initially)
    Different order options not supported (for now) - always uses Aired
    Those been fixed since the build I got from you?

edit; I moved the formatting-wiki-thing so it's readable.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Inker said:
    Known problems:
    Resuming of episodes doesn't work (throws exception - appears to user to simply not play episodes)
    banners do not get updated (only downloaded initially)
    Different order options not supported (for now) - always uses Aired
    Those been fixed since the build I got from you?

edit; I moved the formatting-wiki-thing so it's readable.

1) no....as mentioned, just can't figure it out
    2) yes
    3) dvd-ordering is supported (an in fact one major reason of the long delay) - absolute not yet, I wanna make sure dvd works first

thnx for the the wiki

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Looing good so far :)
    Just minor errors looking for the logo's:

\misc\Action and Adventure.png
    \misc\Science fiction.png
    \misc\Detective.png
    \misc\Crime.png

Also a minor error with finding the series meaning I had to rename the search slightly (I had to add a : into "Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles" & rename "Blade: The Series" to just "Blade")

jocke

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Also a minor error with finding the series meaning I had to rename the search slightly (I had to add a : into "Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles" & rename "Blade: The Series" to just "Blade")
    jocke said:
    The next thing I noticed, is that with the new API, search for series seems a bit "harder", like it's more strict. I don't know if this is caused by limitations within the API itself, or some "programming" by you. Anyhow, when I played around, I deleted Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles from the dB, and added it again. It tries to search for "terminator the sarah connor chronicles", but get no results, since it's stored with a semicolon on thetvdb.com.

Inker said:
    that's the api, they are working on making it better.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Inker: Yey futurama dvd ordering works! :D Okay so first import futurama inside MP but none of the files get any file info, like the logos and other stuff. Included a log.
    If you look at the series preview you can see the first series are ordered wrong, there are 4 series before the "real" first series, "4400, The".

Okay here are some previews of what it can look like with some new stuff. Not done with a XML for fanart yet though.

http://jossan.visse.nu/~spuck/series.png
    http://jossan.visse.nu/~spuck/season.png
    http://jossan.visse.nu/~spuck/episodes.png

I'll include the XML and formatting rules if you want to try it. If you want the stars to work you have to modify the location in the formatting rules.
    the xml in the 720p folder is for you guys with 720p displays like me :D

oh and it works for both the blue and black version of monochrome. :p
    Hope this can help you guys with future skins. :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Looing good so far :)
    Just minor errors looking for the logo's:

\misc\Action and Adventure.png
    \misc\Science fiction.png
    \misc\Detective.png
    \misc\Crime.png

Don't understand...and in any case the logos code hasn't been touched in months so it shouldn't be any different.

Inker: Yey futurama dvd ordering works! :D Okay so first import futurama inside MP but none of the files get any file info, like the logos and other stuff. Included a log.
    If you look at the series preview you can see the first series are ordered wrong, there are 4 series before the "real" first series, "4400, The".

Yeah, reworked the order part a bit....but it's far from clean....
    Anyways, file info doesn't work cause I forgot to reenable it (had it disabled cause I was doing tons of imports and didn't want to wait for it to parse all the time), for now it's nothing to worry about.

Not sure why 4400 would be sorted wrongly though, I may have to bug you for you're database again

Erez

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,

I'm having problems downloading banners with this SVN.
    Banners aren't imported when language is set to 'Hebrew'.

Steps to recreate:
    1. Select any show from database - for example 'Lost'.
    2. Remove show from database.
    3. Choose Hebrew as language.
    4. Import data.

Banners aren't imported.

Repeat steps 1-4 just choose 'English' instead of 'Hebrew'.
    Banners are downloaded as expected.

Logs attached (Debug level)

Erez

steven83

Portal Member
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Same problem here when language is set to german.
    An other problem, when searching for a serie in the result window serie get's listet more then once.

Hi,

I'm having problems downloading banners with this SVN.
    Banners aren't imported when language is set to 'Hebrew'.

Steps to recreate:
    1. Select any show from database - for example 'Lost'.
    2. Remove show from database.
    3. Choose Hebrew as language.
    4. Import data.

Banners aren't imported.

Repeat steps 1-4 just choose 'English' instead of 'Hebrew'.
    Banners are downloaded as expected.

Logs attached (Debug level)

Erez

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom